PDA

View Full Version : E67 T42 tuning questions, facts, myths.

TBMSport
June 5th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I am still in pursuit of doing the 6L80 conversion in the TBSS and have hit a few snags.

Ok...Therefore this is a thread that may need to be moved or copied somewhere else as it's all over the place. Forgive my ignorance of EFILive's tuning capabilities as well as parameters of the E67 and T42 beforehand. Hence, my intent to iron out the facts.

First Question: Does the ECM hold vehicle specific VIN confirmation or other BCM interfacing data networking security? If so can this be changed with EFILive?

Situation #1:Cadillac 09 CTS V v E67 in the TBSS.

I recognize that the PIN layouts being different. However, I'm under the impression each E67 has a program that is specific to a vehicle. Is this true?

Next, if the E67 is NOT specific to a vehicle, can you block out certain parameters or PIN readouts on the EFILive? For instance, in the TBSS E67 blocking transmission related Delivered/Request Torque Signals and PNP switch. Or in the CTS V E67, blocking the related supercharging PINS

Situation #2: Can the E67 07-09 TBSS specific program have the T42 file replaced/overwritten with the T43 from a 09 CTS-V?

Situation #3: Can the T42 07-09 TBSS specific program have PIN readouts blocked or overwritten?

Thanks in advance.

TBMSport
June 6th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Let's make the question simpler.

I've been told that ECM's have vehicle specific tunes in there. Therefore if say, PIN 48 is NOT USED in vehicle #1, the same PIN 48 could be a Torque Signal in vehicle #2, even though they are the same style ECM.

If so, can you change files or parts of the program within one ECM? For instance in vehicle #1, keep all the other values the same, but it now actively uses PIN 48 as Torque Signal like vehicle #2?