PDA

View Full Version : Motec PLM Serial Data to V2

RetroAus
June 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Just enquiring whether it is possible to add the Motec PLM to the list of serial devices for V2.

I have attached the PLM user manual which should have all info required for RS232 data ....

Cheers
Kyle

RetroAus
July 16th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I know its any old thread ....any chance of this happening Paul?

GMPX
July 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Paul is on a break for a week, hopefully it won't be 2 years before you get an update :doh2:

joecar
July 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Somehow I didn't see this thread two years ago... :doh2:

[ please bump the thread if you don't see a response after a few weeks ]

Blacky
July 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I don't see any reason why it can't be done. What would help is if you could hook up the wide band controller described in the pdf document to FlashScan's serial interface.
Then set up FlashScan to use either the AEM or Zt2 wide band controllers. Use only those two settings because they match the same baud rate as the one specified in the pdf. (i.e. 9600 8,n,1)

Make sure the Left most orange LED on FlashScan's keypad is flashing - that indicates FlashScan is receiving RS232 data which means the physical connection is ok.
Then wait for about 5-10 seconds to allow FlashScan time to record some of the RS232 data from the wide band controller.

Then save a trace file on FlashScan, copy it to the PC using EFILive Explorer and email it to me.
Also in the email give a brief description of what data the wide band controller was outputting at the time, i.e. Lambda values, or an error, or a status such as "warming up".

Include a link to this thread so I know what the email is about.

Regards
Paul

RetroAus
July 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks Paul ,
Will get onto it as soon as I can .
Cheers
Kyle

APS Luis
June 23rd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Hey guys , have we gotten anywhere with this ? ( sorry to dig out an old thread )

Blacky
June 24th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Hey guys , have we gotten anywhere with this ? ( sorry to dig out an old thread )

Hi Luis,

If you can do what I explained in post #5, that would help me start implementing support for that MoTeC wide band.
I don't recall if I ever received any data after my original request, it was a long time ago :(

Regards
Paul

RetroAus
June 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hi Luis,

If you can do what I explained in post #5, that would help me start implementing support for that MoTeC wide band.
I don't recall if I ever received any data after my original request, it was a long time ago :(

Regards
Paul

Hi gents,
I will try to get some data to Paul this week . Would be handy to have this up and running .
I bought a TechEdge unit so I forgot about this .....

Cheers
Kyle

RetroAus
February 5th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Hi Paul

I now have 3 Motec PLM units .... if you have the time can you look at serial integration.

The PLM manual is here - http://www.motec.com.au/plm/plmdownload/ . It should contain info you require .

Im happy to help with testing as required .

Cheers
Kyle

Blacky
February 6th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Hi Paul

I now have 3 Motec PLM units .... if you have the time can you look at serial integration.

The PLM manual is here - http://www.motec.com.au/plm/plmdownload/ . It should contain info you require .

Im happy to help with testing as required .

Cheers
Kyle

Thanks for the link and offer to test. I'll look into it again.
Regards
Paul