PDA

View Full Version : 0411 computer in 2000 S-10 w/5.7 Vortec

lowriders10
June 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hello. I've put a 1998 5.7 Vortec engine from a Tahoe into my 2000 S-10. I am buying the EFI tuner to reprogram my black box, mostly because I put a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy cam into it, and to reprogram the black box for the V8 programming. However, I have since come across the posts about using the 0411 computer with a tune from an 02 Chevy Express van for this engine.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a map of the wire pin outs so I could correctly wire the new PCM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Bill.

Happy Jim
June 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Follow the Link (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/312119-ls1-swap-faqs.html)

Best of luck

Jim

Aloicious
June 6th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Follow the Link (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/312119-ls1-swap-faqs.html)

Best of luck

Jim

thats a good link I've never seen that one before, you can also PM a member here named 'Lextech' with your year wiring harness and e-mail and he has specific L31 blackbox to 411 PCM wiring pinout files. here's a link about his conversion that alot of us have used:
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240

welcome to the site BTW

lowriders10
June 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the link. I'll compare this with my current wiring to see how it fits.

lowriders10
June 6th, 2009, 12:00 PM
thats a good link I've never seen that one before, you can also PM a member here named 'Lextech' with your year wiring harness and e-mail and he has specific L31 blackbox to 411 PCM wiring pinout files. here's a link about his conversion that alot of us have used:
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240

welcome to the site BTW

Thanks for the info. I did see that Lextech and others have basically built this from the ground up. I read all 42 pages on that link there. Quite a mouthful, to say the least. I just wasn't sure if what I would be doing was outside the scope of the post.
I'm going to read the post in detail tonight, since my major concerns revolve around my Instrument Panel and how the original 4.3 VCM interfaces with it, compared to the older technology of the 98. It did seem like the 0411 will solve a lot of that with the 02 Express setup.

Thanks again.

Aloicious
June 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I did see that Lextech and others have basically built this from the ground up. I read all 42 pages on that link there. Quite a mouthful, to say the least. I just wasn't sure if what I would be doing was outside the scope of the post.
I'm going to read the post in detail tonight, since my major concerns revolve around my Instrument Panel and how the original 4.3 VCM interfaces with it, compared to the older technology of the 98. It did seem like the 0411 will solve a lot of that with the 02 Express setup.

Thanks again.

yeah I've been running the 411 in my 1996 C1500 with a L31 for a while now, it works great. the best mod I've done yet.

chevy052500hd
June 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
you may have issues getting the tach to read correctly on your ipc with a 0411. on because of the 4 pulse for the v8 the v6 is a 3 pulse. In the 0411 box in the tach field the formula is P=24/N*2 P is equal to number of output pulses. The 24 is the number of crank pulses which in a 24x reluctor ring motor. Since your v8 has a 4 pulse reluctor that formula would look like this P=4/N*2 The only number to put in the n field would be 1 to get 2 pulses. You would still be off. You are more than likely going to need that dakota digital tach adapter to fix the tach signal to get it to the 3 pulses it needs to read correctly. Just some more info 4 you.

lowriders10
June 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM
you may have issues getting the tach to read correctly on your ipc with a 0411. on because of the 4 pulse for the v8 the v6 is a 3 pulse. In the 0411 box in the tach field the formula is P=24/N*2 P is equal to number of output pulses. The 24 is the number of crank pulses which in a 24x reluctor ring motor. Since your v8 has a 4 pulse reluctor that formula would look like this P=4/N*2 The only number to put in the n field would be 1 to get 2 pulses. You would still be off. You are more than likely going to need that dakota digital tach adapter to fix the tach signal to get it to the 3 pulses it needs to read correctly. Just some more info 4 you.

That was the part I was worried about. I just didn't know what device I could use to get the tach to read correctly. Thanks for the info.

lowriders10
June 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM
yeah I've been running the 411 in my 1996 C1500 with a L31 for a while now, it works great. the best mod I've done yet.

I've seen that everyone's quite happy with this mod. I can't wait to get it running! Thanks.

Stealth97
June 7th, 2009, 05:39 AM
I've seen that everyone's quite happy with this mod. I can't wait to get it running! Thanks.

After you swap to the 02 Express Van calibration and the 0411, the next logical step is to go to www.eficonnection.com and hit up Michael Noonan, aka S10Wildside (on this forum), and buy his 24X reluctor setup for the Vortec V8. This converts your Vortec into an LS style ignition, aka COP or Coil on Plug. Now you can run a true LS1 map to control your Vortec. It works fine and more than fine. You can use stock LS maps to run your Vortec, I've already tried and had no problems. A little fine tuning and you are good to go but lets say a 2002 Z06 basemap is one of the best out there (what I'm currently using).

Have fun and enjoy. Now with all this spark energy and control, you can do whatever you want. 250 wet or dry nitrous, no problem! 10 lbs. of boost from a Procharger, no problem! 22psi from your turbos, NO PROBLEM!!!!

I'd look into what Custom Operating System 3 and Custom Operating System 5 do. If you ever boost or use nitrous, they are HANDY DANDY! We call them COS3 and COS5. Enjoy!

Aloicious
June 7th, 2009, 06:52 AM
After you swap to the 02 Express Van calibration and the 0411, the next logical step is to go to www.eficonnection.com and hit up Michael Noonan, aka S10Wildside (on this forum), and buy his 24X reluctor setup for the Vortec V8. This converts your Vortec into an LS style ignition, aka COP or Coil on Plug. Now you can run a true LS1 map to control your Vortec. It works fine and more than fine. You can use stock LS maps to run your Vortec, I've already tried and had no problems. A little fine tuning and you are good to go but lets say a 2002 Z06 basemap is one of the best out there (what I'm currently using).

Have fun and enjoy. Now with all this spark energy and control, you can do whatever you want. 250 wet or dry nitrous, no problem! 10 lbs. of boost from a Procharger, no problem! 22psi from your turbos, NO PROBLEM!!!!

I'd look into what Custom Operating System 3 and Custom Operating System 5 do. If you ever boost or use nitrous, they are HANDY DANDY! We call them COS3 and COS5. Enjoy!

OT, Stealth, you're running the 24x system already? I'm working on putting it in here real soon. how did you wire the tach signal on yours for the stock cluster tach?

do you mind if I PM you with any questions I have along the way?

chevy052500hd
June 7th, 2009, 07:01 AM
That was the part I was worried about. I just didn't know what device I could use to get the tach to read correctly. Thanks for the info.

If you had a 24x motor that would be no problem in the cal. Just that the 3x and 4x er's are a little different, figured that out when I did a 0411 swap in my s-10 form the black box with the v6.

Lextech
June 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Lowrider,
You're right about that thread being a mouth full. There is a LOT of garbage on there that I have no control over. I would say 70% of that thread is nonsense. PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you the wiring file.

Jeff

lowriders10
June 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Lowrider,
You're right about that thread being a mouth full. There is a LOT of garbage on there that I have no control over. I would say 70% of that thread is nonsense. PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you the wiring file.

Jeff

I've sent you a PM. Thanks for all your help!

lowriders10
June 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hey guys. Any idea where I can get the 02 Chevy Express van file? I've searched quickly in this forum, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Aloicious
June 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Hey guys. Any idea where I can get the 02 Chevy Express van file? I've searched quickly in this forum, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

stock tunes are on holdencrazy.com

lowriders10
June 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
stock tunes are on holdencrazy.com

Thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

Stealth97
June 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM
OT, Stealth, you're running the 24x system already? I'm working on putting it in here real soon. how did you wire the tach signal on yours for the stock cluster tach?

do you mind if I PM you with any questions I have along the way?

I have not done the 24x swap yet due to lack of funds. If I had one, I'd install it. If you lived near me, I could have my ASE master Tech install it for you, and/or help you, like I help other locals close to me (Vortec Stroker).

PM me any questions you would like. If I can be of any assistance just let me know. I have lots of info, tools and the like, just less time than anything. Working together we can accomplish anything however, so just ask.

Eric

Aloicious
June 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I have not done the 24x swap yet due to lack of funds. If I had one, I'd install it. If you lived near me, I could have my ASE master Tech install it for you, and/or help you, like I help other locals close to me (Vortec Stroker).

PM me any questions you would like. If I can be of any assistance just let me know. I have lots of info, tools and the like, just less time than anything. Working together we can accomplish anything however, so just ask.

Eric

ah I mis-read, mine should arrive tommorow and I'll be putting it in over the next several days. I'll try to post pics up. one questions for you at the moment, you said the '02 ZO6 was one of the best out there. What makes it better than say, the '02 camaro OS? I looked through them but couldn't find any differences in the available tables or anything.

Yellow05C6
June 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
This question is so basic I feel dumb. After reading a lot of threads in the above link I think I understand that the 0411 with the '02 Express Van operating system will work with EITHER the 24 tooth reluctor wheel (AKA LS) OR the 4 tooth reluctor wheel (AKA Gen 1 Vortec). Is that really correct?
:secret:
Confused.

Lextech
June 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
That is correct. It depends how it is wired, what tune is in it, and what reluctor ring is installed. It will run a CMP sensor/distributor or Coil Near Plug.

Jeff

Yellow05C6
June 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. By "by how it is wired", does that mean there is a different pin-out for the Red & Blue PCM connectors. One pin-out for the 24 tooth wheel and a different pin-out for the 4 tooth wheel? If there is a difference where can I get the pin-out diagram for the 4 tooth or a list of the differences?

Wes

Lextech
June 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
How it is wired--means there are more wires for the 8 coils. I have 3 different truck wiring files for the 0411 swap. 96,97,98-2000. If you want to run CNP there is a small additional wiring file to these 3.

Jeff

Aloicious
June 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
This question is so basic I feel dumb. After reading a lot of threads in the above link I think I understand that the 0411 with the '02 Express Van operating system will work with EITHER the 24 tooth reluctor wheel (AKA LS) OR the 4 tooth reluctor wheel (AKA Gen 1 Vortec). Is that really correct?
:secret:
Confused.

yes, the 411 will work with either a 4x or 24x reluctor. However, you cannot run a coil per cylinder setup with a 4x reluctor, that is the benefit behind swapping to the 24x reluctor from eficonnection. but thats with a vortec L31 motor. but, if you're running an LT1 setup like in a 93-97 Fbody, you need the 24x swap to run the 411.

Yellow05C6
June 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks. About 10 seconds after my last post it hit me that the additional wiring would have been for the 8 coils.
Wes