PDA

View Full Version : flashscan not recognized

blazinblue
June 7th, 2009, 07:41 AM
my flashscan v2 doesnt work anymore on my laptop. All i get is the windows message "usb device not recognized" it worked on my laptop 3 days ago. Ive tried to hook it up to two different laptops, two different cars, changed usb cables and still the same message. also tried to reset flashscan device to reset its settings still same. the flashscan device does power on and am able to navigate tru the menus. what could be going on?

joecar
June 8th, 2009, 06:48 AM
You will have to reinstall the USB driver...

Try this: http://www.fishtuning.com/downloads/...and_I_cant.pdf (http://www.fishtuning.com/downloads/I_just_installed_EFILive_and_I_cant.pdf)

blazinblue
June 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM
i already tried what it said on that document. my problem is that as soon as I plug in the usb cable to the device it says "one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned. I tried it on two different computers..

blazinblue
June 10th, 2009, 06:14 AM
looks like the usb6b1 chip is blown, got it shipped IRA@fishtuning yesterday. hopefully i will have it back soon. I was just gonna flash the tune after a cam install to my friends trans am when this happened.

zacksfoam
August 6th, 2009, 07:38 PM
my flashscan v2 doesnt work anymore on my laptop. All i get is the windows message "usb device not recognized" it worked on my laptop 3 days ago. Ive tried to hook it up to two different laptops, two different cars, changed usb cables and still the same message. also tried to reset flashscan device to reset its settings still same. the flashscan device does power on and am able to navigate tru the menus. what could be going on?

mine is doing the same thing,worked just fine and now v2 and kingston both
usb units are not recognized,says that drivers are not loaded and when you
try to update,says most updated drivers are installed.It works fine on other
PC's

joecar
August 7th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
August 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
...and now v2 and kingston both
usb units are not recognized,...

What is "kingston" that you refer to?

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
August 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
mine is doing the same thing,worked just fine and now v2 and kingston both
usb units are not recognized,says that drivers are not loaded and when you
try to update,says most updated drivers are installed.It works fine on other
PC's
It sounds like there is a problem with the USB port on your PC.

Regards
Paul

A USB flash drive? :nixweiss:

Doc
August 7th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Regards
Paul

A kingston usb to serial converter is my guess?

zacksfoam
August 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Kingston is my flash drive [8GB] that I store my tunes on.Running the FTDI
uninstaller has error in file C:\windows\system32\ftcun2k.ini all of them
[4] have error in file and nothing changed ,plug in V2 USB Device Not Recognized pops up

Blacky
August 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Try a different USB port on your PC/laptop.

Also use USBView to check that FlashScan's USB hardware (the FTDI chip) is being recognized by Windows.
You can find USBView in \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\USBView.exe
FlashScan should show up as per the image below.

Regards
Paul

zacksfoam
August 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
kingston is my flash drive [8gb] that i store my tunes on.running the ftdi
uninstaller has error in file c:\windows\system32\ftcun2k.ini all of them
[4] have error in file and nothing changed ,plug in v2 usb device not recognized pops up

still need help!!

Blacky
August 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM
So what was the result of running usbview?
Regards
Paul

zacksfoam
August 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM
USB VIEW shows No Device connected

Blacky
August 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
What Windows operating system are you using?

Regards
Paul

zacksfoam
August 16th, 2009, 05:03 AM
vista! It's a SONY laptop that I am currently updating with all the current updates.Maybe it will help?

mr.prick
August 16th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Turn off UAC with Vista.
Do you have any other USB devices that you can hook up to?

zacksfoam
August 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Turn off UAC with Vista.
Do you have any other USB devices that you can hook up to?

I ran all updates and turned off UAC and that fixed it! All is well,and thank you
all for helping me !:cheers:

blue99ta
August 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
what is uac? for vista?
ok got it turned off but still not working

joecar
August 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
User Access Control...

What is happening...?

blue99ta
August 19th, 2009, 04:50 PM
User Access Control...

What is happening...?

when starting efi it says the usb drivers have to be installed or it wont work, connect the flashscan and restart efi. when i do this nothing happens.

joecar
August 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM
You will have to reinstall the USB driver...

Try this: http://www.fishtuning.com/downloads/...and_I_cant.pdf (http://www.fishtuning.com/downloads/I_just_installed_EFILive_and_I_cant.pdf)Did you try this...?

blue99ta
August 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Did you try this...?

yes when i go to that page i dont see any download on the right. the only download i see is on the top. when going there i dont see anything for drivers..

joecar
August 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Try this one: http://download.efilive.com/Drivers/EFILive_2_02_04.zip

blue99ta
August 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Try this one: http://download.efilive.com/Drivers/EFILive_2_02_04.zip

OK when I open this file do i ectract the windows vista? i just want to make sure i do this right.

joecar
August 20th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I use WinXP...

Extract to C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers (this may be different on your system) and then when you follow the procedure for loading the driver, direct it to search that folder.

Or copy it to C:\Windows\System32 (but this would be different on your system).

blue99ta
August 21st, 2009, 02:51 AM
I use WinXP...

Extract to C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers (this may be different on your system) and then when you follow the procedure for loading the driver, direct it to search that folder.

Or copy it to C:\Windows\System32 (but this would be different on your system).

crap i hate vista..
:help2:

joecar
August 21st, 2009, 03:36 AM
Did you disable UAC as suggested by Mr.Prick above...?

blue99ta
August 21st, 2009, 07:46 PM
Did you disable UAC as suggested by Mr.Prick above...?

yep i sure did..it keeps giving me a security alert now..lol

Tordne
August 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
If you are getting "security alerts" it sounds like you have turned UAC on, rather than off. Please ensure that UAC is disabled and restart your machine.

Disconnect all FlashScan interfaces from your laptop and then run the FTClean utility (C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\FTClean\FTClean.ex e). Select all the defaults to remove all FTDI drivers from your system.

Connect FlashScan to your PC. When prompted select the advanced driver installation option and browse to the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista' folder when prompted.

If this doesn't work check this page on our website (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121) to ensure the USB settings are correct. If your settings follow the instructions as described.

blue99ta
August 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM
If you are getting "security alerts" it sounds like you have turned UAC on, rather than off. Please ensure that UAC is disabled and restart your machine.

Disconnect all FlashScan interfaces from your laptop and then run the FTClean utility (C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\FTClean\FTClean.ex e). Select all the defaults to remove all FTDI drivers from your system.

Connect FlashScan to your PC. When prompted select the advanced driver installation option and browse to the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista' folder when prompted.

If this doesn't work check this page on our website (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121) to ensure the USB settings are correct. If your settings follow the instructions as described.

yes uac is off.. i done the uninstall and when i plug the usb in the laptop it does nothing. isnt there a file to auto install these drivers?
i sure would like to be able to use EFI on the computer..

Blacky
August 24th, 2009, 05:40 PM
With FlashScan connected...

Start the Device Manager by right clicking on "My Computer" in the Start Menu and selecting Properties and clicking on the "Device Manager" link.

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section and locate the FlashScan entry. Right click on it and select "Update Driver Software...". Follow the on screen prompts but when asked, tell it you have the drivers and you want it to search in the following location: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista.

If ther eis no FlashScan entry under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section, then search through the other sections, looking for an "unknown device" and try installing the FlashScan drivers on that device. It is likely the FlashScan device is the "unknown" device because the drivers are not installed yet.

Regards
Paul

blue99ta
August 24th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Start the Device Manager by right clicking on "My Computer" in the Start Menu and selecting Properties and clicking on the "Device Manager" link.

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section and locate the FlashScan entry. Right click on it and select "Update Driver Software...". Follow the on screen prompts but when asked, tell it you have the drivers and you want it to search in the following location: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista.

If ther eis no FlashScan entry under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section, then search through the other sections, looking for an "unknown device" and try installing the FlashScan drivers on that device. It is likely the FlashScan device is the "unknown" device because the drivers are not installed yet.

Regards
Paul

ok i cant find either one of those no unknows or flashscan.

blue99ta
August 24th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Regards
Paul

do you have msn?

blue99ta
August 24th, 2009, 05:51 PM
do you have msn?

ok sorry found it
trying it now

blue99ta
August 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM
ok sweet! it worked thanks very very much man, i had no idea how to fix it.. off to scanning now !!

blue99ta
August 29th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Ok for some reason now when i unplug any usb like a mouse i get a blue screen and the computer shuts down.. did i do something wrong? should i uninstall it and then reinstall it?
:doh2:

Blacky
August 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
There's some weird stuff happens when running Vista.
It may require a re-install of Vista to fix it.

But if you were going to do that, I'd suggest going back to XP or if you want to fork over the cash to upgrade to Win7 do that. We'll be moving off of Vista as soon as possible here at EFILive, its given me nothing but grief.

Regards
Paul

blue99ta
August 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Ok thanks for the info.. I hate vista already.

blue99ta
September 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Ok after doing a system restore it works fine so far.. maybe it was just me.:angel_innocent:

joecar
September 5th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Glad you got it working...:cheers: