PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to Purchase the Cable from Emarkay?

MN C5
October 1st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Geoff, our interface that is in most of the big name ls1tech.com shops will be able to be upgraded to an interface that will support all 3, GM, Ford and Dodge..

It will be the same VCM Suite style software just with larger vehicle support.

There will be no new hardware needed to be purchased for every vehicle like in the examples you bring up. We are not going to change our methods.

Think of how some of the big tuners on ls1tech.com are currently doing it with our product... and just add the ability to add ford and dodge licenses without having to change your hardware or software package.

Also, through this partnership we will be taking on more distributors as well to help move our product. Due to the fact that it will cover so many more applications there are many more customers out there who will benefit from our tuning solutions which could be purchased through shops like Speed INC., Futral, texas-speed, LG Motorsports, W2W, etc. etc..

- Keith, HP Tuners

Or will I be stuck tuning only GM vehicles with Flashscan? I wonder what the over/under on the release date from HPT is ?

http://radio.weblogs.com/0117471/images/myimages/sarcasm.gif

GMPX
October 1st, 2005, 12:25 PM
What is the point of your post other than to suggest you will be 'stuck' tuning only GM vehicles if you continue to use EFILive?.

MN C5
October 1st, 2005, 12:43 PM
Only that I don't think it will happen for a long long time. I'm waiting to hear back from Emarkay on the tuner version. I just purchased 3 new licenses and was wondering if the could be credited back (I haven't recieved them yet) if I buy his setup....

I also provided a graphic on sarcasim.... Meaning Stuck doesn't Mean Stuck...

There isn't an if about using EFI in my mind anyway.

GMPX
October 1st, 2005, 03:33 PM
As for the licenses, Paul will be back today (he was away Friday/Sat) so you should get an Email very soon, if you purchase MRK's cable let us know and we will see what we can do for you with regards to the ones you just ordered.

With the MRK deal, the money is going to him, it really has nothing to do with EFILive other than we agreed that he could sell it for a very discounted rate compared to retail as a thanks for all he's efforts over the last few years. We can't really offer our usual discount based on already obtained licenses because we are not actually selling this workshop package.

There is nothing wrong with what he is selling, he is just retiring from the LS1 game and therefore has no use for the product.

Sorry I missed your sacrastic jab.....'I' of all people should have seen that, oh well, it was a late night last night 2:30am, I was still working on the soon to be supported non LSx platform, my humour must have slept in.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
October 1st, 2005, 03:49 PM
I'll try to cancel my license order via the store.

Thanks