PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cylinder power test and others

thunderstruck507
June 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I am missing all of the bidirectional items except: DVT, reset oil life, and change vin...what gives?

I have the newest update (they weren't there before I updated either). This is after selecting ls1 controller. I have it listed as a print results option in the preferences and it was mentioned in my instruction manual but I cannot locate anyway to do the test.

I even tried pushing the buttons that command it on screenshots I've seen. Nothing happened.

This is very frustrating and making me feel like an idiot...any ideas?

joecar
June 8th, 2009, 02:40 PM
The DVT tab has subtabs that show up when you enter your controller type.

thunderstruck507
June 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM
yup but the cylinder power balance test is not in there either

fuel trim reset, learn crank angle sensor error, evap service test are the only things even close...the rest are manual controls for injectors/transmission/ect

joecar
June 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Under the Engine Control subtab, goto Activate Fuel Injector Control... you have to manually turn off each injector while logging, and then look at your logged RPM to compare RPM drop for each injector turned off...

it current requires manually turning off each injector (clicking on each button in turn), but I understand Paul will be returning it to automated operation some time later.

thunderstruck507
June 11th, 2009, 12:06 PM
thanks

I really hope so...it's kinda hard to keep track of when each cylinder turns off to compare...especially since my engine doesn't idle steady at 1000rpm even when it's set to (hope this is normal)

samh_08
June 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
The balance test works better if you powerbrake a little. This puts a little load on the engine and helps you notice the RPM drop.

joecar
June 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, that is what I do.