PDA

View Full Version : High IAC count?

Slow73
June 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Working on my cammed LS1 motor. My IAC count when warm is in the 120s. The car has a big cam (TRex) and I finally got it to idle good. There is no hole in the TB but I did adjust the blade a bit.....TPS reads 0% at idle. I did check for vac. leaks by spraying carb cleaner around all the injectors, intake surface, back of the intake and around all vac. sources and I cant find any. Like I said the car does idle ok but im just curious as to why my IAC count is so high.....any ideas?

Biggsy
June 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Vac leak would cause a lower IAC count I would have thought.
Then again, its early in the morning here and my brain is still booting up!

5.7ute
June 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Vac leak would cause a lower IAC count I would have thought.
Then again, its early in the morning here and my brain is still booting up!

I know how you feel Dave, the cold has set in here as well. You are correct though, a vac leak would cause a lower IAC count.
Slow73. If you could get a bit more adjustment out of the TB blade, it would be the best way to bring your IAC steps down around 80 when warm. I scanned the TP voltage while adjusting the TB blade, making sure it stayed under the minimum voltage for idle. If you cannot get enough air past the blade with this method then you may have to either elongate the holes in the TP sensor to allow more adjustment, or drill a hole in the TB blade starting small & working up in small increments.
Cheers Mick

Slow73
June 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. What is the maximum TPS voltage you can have for idle?

5.7ute
June 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the replies. What is the maximum TPS voltage you can have for idle?

I had a dig around & couldnt find the voltage I used.(It was a few years ago)
You will know you have gone too far if a TP sensor reset doesnt return a TP% of 0.
To reset, disconnect the TP sensor. Turn on the key until the mil light illuminates. Turn off key, reconnect TP sensor, turn on key & ensure the scan tool is reading a TP of 0%.

Aint Skeered
June 20th, 2009, 08:05 AM
i think the tps voltage should be around .5-.6 to keep it from going to far.