PDA

View Full Version : Calc_PIDS kinda working, kinda not. Help!

kwhiteside
June 10th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm trying to take in what I can from your threads and found a thread about reading HP and TQ from your runs so you don't need a dyno to tell you that. Hmmm, sounds great.

So I copied the other guys z06 data from his calc_pids.txt into mine and reloaded my .efi scan. All the calcs happen on standard readings so the data should already be there ( I think, but I'm very new :) ).

Notice from the attachments that 3 of 6 pids show up as selectable, one of 6 show up in the data tab. In the dashboard, I get a solid zero for the pid that was there (also get zero for the standard POWER_RW pid that comes standard.

Please educate me

Why no readings in dashboard?
Why only 1 of 6 in data tab?
Why only 3 of 6 in pid tab?

All 6 use the same data to calc on so I'm guessing I have formatted something incorrectly in my calc_pids.txt file.

kwhiteside
June 10th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Did some more research and added in my vehicle information (weight especially), now I at least get a reading from power_rw.

Proud to say I'm pulling about 30 HP at the rear. Is that good - doh

joecar
June 10th, 2009, 05:12 AM
On those pids, do rightclick->More Info to see why they are not available (it will tell which other pids have to be selected).

Getting RWHP and RWTQ from logged VSS will not produce accurate numbers for various reasons:
- sample rate is only 10 per second,
- testing conditions are not controlled,
- other reasons (the other guy's self/car mass numbers are different than yours, ...).

If you want accurate numbers, then use something like the G-Force (or whatever brand they now are).

:)