PDA

View Full Version : Changed calc_pids and now I have error code

1bar
June 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I have been writing in a new calc_pid for my LC1 and now I get an error code that says this:

Error code: ERR_CONFIG/92

C:\Documents and Settings\Glenn\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt(55): Slot F002 not found. .

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Glenn

5.7ute
June 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Yep, you have an error in your calc.pid that you have written. Make sure your slot defination is the same as the pid. For instance
*CLC-00-008
"your pid etc" must match
prn slot
F008 CLC-00-008
If you cant work it out post your CALC.PIDS txt file & someone will have a look at it. I am about to go but if noone has replied I will have a look in the morning.

joecar
June 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM
What 5.7ute said... your calc_pids.txt file is referencing slot F002, but the definition for F002 doesn't exist (i.e. either the reference or the definition spelled it wrong).

1bar
June 11th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Okay Guys, thanks for the help. I searched and found a thread that Blacky did and I used the format he did for setting up the calc_pid for a wide band, but I used the LC1 numbers and equation.

My problem is after I have a scan file that I want to adjust the VE with, I copy with labels and then I paste and multuply with labels, but all of the recorded cells go strait to 10.0 and the map looks like a water fountain?

Where do you think the issue is?

Thanks,
glenn

joecar
June 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Glenn,

Several things to check:
- in tunetool go Edit->Properties and make sure fuel units are either AFR or EQ and not Lambda.
- is your wideband reporting the correct AFR...?
- is closed loop disabled...?
- is MAF disabled...?
- make sure MAP units on scantool Data tab match MAP units on tunetool B0101 VE table axis.

Post your log file and the tune file before applying bens to it.

Post some screenshots.

1bar
June 11th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Joe,

My properties is in AFR and the Volumetric Efficiency values is in default units(
g*K/kPa)

My Wideband seems fine and I did a fresh air test a few weeks ago. There is usually a little difference between the LED reading on my dash and the PID in the scan tool. For example, my dash will say 14.3 and my PID will say 14.0.

Closed loop and MAF are disabled. Once I noticed this problem, I went through the autoVE tutorial again and made sure everything was right.

The values throughout the map in the Data tab are completely different numbers then the values throughout the table in my B0101 VE table? I followed the instructions on cutting with labels and pasting with labels when I built the map and I just re-did it again to make sure and the same numbers came up in the body of the map as before.

I will try and get something posted soon.

Thanks again,
Glenn

joecar
June 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM
You're using BEN for the map and not AFR, right...?

1bar
June 11th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Well I have two maps. One is a BEN map but it only goes to 105 KPA.

Then I have a another map that is Main VE table LC1 wideband AFR.

When I use the BEN for the lower levels it seems to paste with labels, but when I use the AFR one it goes striaght to 10.0??

glenn

5.7ute
June 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Glenn. You are only supposed to paste & multiply the BEN map, not the AFR map. Also have you tried setting the other analog output to a flat voltage like 2.5v & logging? This will tell you if a ground offset is causing your display to read different to your logged data.

1bar
June 11th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Oh, okay. So I will use the BEN to flash the car and I will extend the KPA table so that it covers my boost VE.

Do I set the analog volts to 2.5 in the calc_pids?

Glenn

5.7ute
June 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Oh, okay. So I will use the BEN to flash the car and I will extend the KPA table so that it covers my boost VE.

Do I set the analog volts to 2.5 in the calc_pids?

Glenn

No, you set it in the lm programmer software into your wideband. One analog out will be set for your widebands calc pid, the other you set as a flat voltage.

1bar
June 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
oh, I will try working on this over the weekend

1bar
June 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM
When logging in the BEN Map, does 1.00 = the commanded AFR for that given section of the map?

So if I am commanding 14.6 at idle, the BEN should read 1.00 @ 14.6 right?

And if I am commanding 11.3 at 105 KPA then the BEN should read 1.00 @ 11.3 right?

Thanks,
glenn

mr.prick
June 11th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Right click the PID for it's definition.
BEN = actual AFR/commanded AFR

FYI the LC-1 has pre-defined PIDs in the sofware,
there is no need to make a calc.pid for it in regards to BEN.

joecar
June 12th, 2009, 06:30 AM
When ben equals 1.000 it means that the actual (measured) AFR equals the commanded AFR.

1bar
June 12th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Hmmm, Okay well the reason I ask is because in my boost KPA area, it was showing 1.00 in the BEN map, but in the wideband map it was showing 10.3 to 1 for the same cell. I have a commanded AFR of 11.3 to 1 why would it show 10.3 to 1 as 1.00 in the ben map???

1bar
June 14th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I read another thread that someone else was having similar issue and it ended up being the COTA which I have disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Glenn

1bar
June 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I read another thread that someone else was having similar issue and it ended up being the COTP which I have disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Glenn

joecar
June 15th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Glenn, post your log/tune files.