PDA

View Full Version : Imperial pids for BBL?

thunderstruck507
June 11th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I looked around and didn't see anything on this.

When setting up the PID selection to load into my v2 the temps, speeds, ect are all metric.

How do I get imperial PIDs into the list to use?

samh_08
June 11th, 2009, 12:11 PM
1) Open up the V8 Scan and Tune software,
2) Click on BBL,
3) Select the PIDs you want logged on your controller,
4) Once you have all your PIDs selected you can right click on them and click properties,
5) You should see a 'custom' section,
6) Select the imperial unit you want the PID to be displayed and logged as
7) FYI: You can toggle between metric and custom by pressing 'enter' on your V2 unit

Good luck :cheers:

LBZoom
June 20th, 2009, 09:09 AM
When I do that with mine, it won't allow me to change it to imperial...not sure what's going on. Anybody have any ideas? Haven't tried toggling on my V2 yet. Can someone paste a copy of the default LBZ pid descriptions on here so I can get them? I was messing with some stuff I shouldn't have, enough said lol. Thanks.

mr.prick
June 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM

thunderstruck507
June 20th, 2009, 06:31 PM
thanks! that worked wonders for me

I tried right clicking on them before I asked, but I was doing it before I added them to my list

Big Mike
June 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Have the same issue with mine...doesn't give me any options in the drop down box for metric/imperial selection. Am I missing something?

Brian1
June 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Same thing going on for me. I have not tried it on the new build 58 till now. It did work for me for sure in build 55. Looks like a bug in build 88 maybe. Unless others have no issue in build 88.

Brian

Big Mike
June 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Same thing going on for me. I have not tried it on the new build 58 till now. It did work for me for sure in build 55. Looks like a bug in build 88 maybe. Unless others have no issue in build 88.

BrianI'm on 58 myself...but no go.

Ninety8C5
June 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure but it looks like the V8 'Options.txt' file is not looking at the 'EFILive.ini' file for the alternate (Imperial) measurements. If they were in the 'Options.txt' file from an earlier version they are still there but nothing new can be added. I haven't tried loggng to see if the PIDs values show up in Imperial or Metric. Will give it a try when I get a chance.

Just hooked up V2 to car and PIDs in Imperial as they are in my 'Options.txt' file.

Brian1
June 22nd, 2009, 01:51 AM
Yes my current options.txt file has some in Imperial and is fine there. Just adding new PIDs or even trying to change current PIDs back to Metric if Imperial or vice a versa no longer exist.

Brian

Brian1
June 22nd, 2009, 02:10 AM
Well thought I give it a try and remove what I had to install the newest release off the site instead of the updating I did to get to build 58 from build 55. It did delete EFILive.ini during the uninstall. But on reinstall it still does allow a change of Imperial or Metric values for the PID.

Can I get a copy of the build 55 release or link to it and install that to see if it restores itself.

One funny thing is after I installed V8 build 58 it said there was and update. Well the install says build 58 and of course the update still ends up as build 58. No idea there. But still not changes to metric or imperial.

Got a few more things to check but looks like a bug that may not be calling the right Header in EFILive.ini file.

If anyone is still V8 build 55 or earlier please post your EFILIve.ini file for comparison.

Brian

LBZoom
June 22nd, 2009, 06:57 AM
Thanks Mr.Prick for posting that for me. I'm still lost about changing over to imperial with V8, my software doesn't have the option when I right click after dragging the PID over, any thoughts? Is it something in my options.txt file, what needs to be done there?

Blacky
June 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Just tested the latest update here and got the same problem. Will fix it asap - apologies for the bug.

Paul

Brian1
June 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
No problem there Paul. Can't always be perfect. But just curious if one can access older EFILive software?

Brian

Blacky
June 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
No problem there Paul. Can't always be perfect. But just curious if one can access older EFILive software?

Brian

No we don't keep old versions on our server.

Meanwhile, you can simply enter the conversion factors for Imperial units in the PID Property window. The drop down list box is really only for convenience. Use the EFILive.ini file as a reference to see which factor/offsdet values you need to use for various conversions.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
August 21st, 2009, 04:07 PM
Has this been fixed? If so I missed the fix.

Ninety8C5
August 21st, 2009, 11:40 PM
Has this been fixed? If so I missed the fix.

It doesn't look like it as the last update was prior to Paul's post. It probably got lost with BBL reading beta testing. Paul hinted that BBL reading was going well and an update should be available soon (day/week/month ?), hopefully all the fixes will be in it.

Blacky
August 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Yes, the fix for Custom PID units is in the BBR update.
Paul

minytrker
August 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Yes, the fix for Custom PID units is in the BBR update.
Paul

What update is it? I thought I was up to date.

Ninety8C5
August 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
What update is it? I thought I was up to date.

You probably are up to date, but per Paul from another post.

The BBL has had a major "refit" and the update will be available as soon as the BBR (Black Box Reading) option has made it through the beta test phase.

Regards
Paul

THEFERMANATOR
August 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Any idea when this will be available to use imperial units? It's tough for us guys in the states to understand metric sometimes.

Blacky
August 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Optimistically, I think the BBR update will be available publicly by the end of this week. That update has the Imperial units fix in it (along with many other fixes/updates).

Regards
Paul

whackem04
September 22nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
any word yet on the update?:secret:

joecar
September 22nd, 2009, 05:32 AM
Imperial units are being displayed on BBL display...

you need to setup Custom Units for each pid using Scan&Tune->Black Box Settings.

Blacky
September 22nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
The latest release candidate (RC2) went out last night to the beta testers.
I have not made that release publicly available yet.
Once I get some more feedback from the testers and if the feedback is good I will make it public.

Regards
Paul

thunderstruck507
November 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
so my old laptop burned up a motherboard, I got a new one running win7 and am trying to get things set up again...but now I can't just select imperial pids

I have no idea what half the posts after my last in this thread even mean to be honest...is there a fix for this yet? could I copy and paste the option and setting save files from my old computer to the new one if i pull the harddrive and put it in a usb case?

ScarabEpic22
November 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Make sure you plug your FlashScan into your car and computer then open the scan tool and validate the PIDs. Have you changed the unit display to Imperial from Metric?

thunderstruck507
November 3rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
ah I haven't plugged into the car yet, its late

it's been a long time since I've messed with efi live because of all the computer issues I was having before it died on me...

I thought last time I just right clicked on the PIDs and changed the custom display to imperial, but now in the custom drop menu there is only "NONE" instead of having "imperial"

I think I'm going to call it a night...it took me forever to get the drivers installed, apparently windows 7 really didn't want to add them automatically and it took me a bit to find how to manually add drivers from a folder as it wasn't a presented options...had to dig around in control panel to find it

this is the part I hate about a new laptop

joecar
November 4th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Post screenshots.

thunderstruck507
November 4th, 2009, 05:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/thunderstruck507/bblcapture.png

when i click the drop box it displays "none" in text and nothing else

joecar
November 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Post your Options.txt file... is it the latest one that came with V8 build 75...?

thunderstruck507
November 5th, 2009, 03:04 AM
the unit was purchased on nov 2008 but it did updates as soon as i installed it on the new pc

i might go ahead and uninstall and reinstall first just in case something went wrong, maybe that's why it wouldn't install drivers for the v2 as well

if that doesn't cure it, I will post my options.txt file

joecar
November 5th, 2009, 04:11 AM
You can download/install the latest versions from here: showthread.php?p=105679#post105679 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=105679#post105679)

Brian1
November 5th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Build 75 had a bug that did not give you a choice there. Had to use a previous version or use the latest public beta versions of V7.5 and V8 for the fix.

Brian

acomp917
February 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Hello All,

I'm new to EFI Live. I have read and learned a lot. I have read two threads dedicated to changing some of the metric PID's to imperial units. I cannot tell if 8.1.2.84 is capable of it or not. I can get to the properties menu, but there is no pull down to change it. At this point I do not have the ability to edit the options.txt file.

Could I get a little guidance on this one

TIA,
S

joecar
February 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Have a look at the attached pic... the pull down should work, it will contain the "alternate" units.

acomp917
February 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks again joecar,

Wow do I feel dumb. I did not think to try that I read and worked at it for an hr. You must get real tired of answering the same questions over................

How do you keep track of it? If it is a file, it would be VERY useful as a guide for others.

S

joecar
February 9th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Hah, don't feel dumb, software (not to mention tuning) is an 11 on a complexity scale of 1-to-10.

I have some screenshot images I saved, I was thinking of making a pic tutorial... see attached...

joecar
February 9th, 2010, 04:50 AM
More...

acomp917
February 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
joecar,

Those pics are an outstanding way to instruct setting up BBl. I found the first ones... and I figured out how to accomplish the last ones. I was missing that one that displayed the units config.

You should make those available for everyone to easily find. I'm beginning to learn a few things. MOST of the info is in the forums. There is a LOT to learn. some of it changes quickly. And figuring out how to make it easily available and administrate it seems like a monumental task.

Do you think "we" as a group will ever gather on terms to wiki this info into a GOOD beginner guide? I'm so strung out from learning, I have nothing to apply to learning how to create a wiki or other to help beginners. Hell, I still can't map a good flow chart in order to structure the publication.

S

joecar
February 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, there's a huge amount of info... we/I can try... it does take a lot of time to make it presentable... I'll see if I can whip those images into a pdf with some text description over the next few days...

the BBL portion of it seems to have stabilized.