PDA

View Full Version : Help! trying trying to load tune

Tarkstoys
June 12th, 2009, 03:53 PM
loaded first tune now changing tune but won't let me. keeps tell me that I need to load my vin licence? All that's in i thought?

Tarkstoys
June 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I found the vin/ecm licence but do I lock it permently? what does this mean?

camcojb
June 13th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I found the vin/ecm licence but do I lock it permently? what does this mean?

when you go to load your first tune in a vehicle it will ask you to license it, and lock the tuner to the truck vin. If you have already done this you should not have to do it again. There is a separate lock for the ecm and the tcm of the same truck.

You had to have agreed to lock to your vin to load the tune the first time; you can read and save the stock tune without spending a license, but loading requires locking to the truck and using a license.

If you are positive you've already locked to this vin it should not be asking you to do it again, unless the first time was the ecm and you're now tuning the trans (tcm).

Jody

Tarkstoys
June 13th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I did all that the first time around. I loaded my tow tune then drove the truck and now wanted to load the race tune and now its asking for the vin/ecm before I proceed. Any thoughts?If I agree will it use my 2nd vin lic? My efi came with 2 lic and wanted to use that with my wifes suburban.

ScarabEpic22
June 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
No, the very first time you FLASH a tune (not read, log/scan, pull DTCs, etc) you will use a license. Its not everytime you flash, just the first time.

Tarkstoys
June 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you for your help.

chiel
April 13th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I new here, i cant start new thread. I from the Netherlands Europe an bought efi-live to tune my Camaro 2010 for the 1/4 mile.
I put V7.5 on my laptop and later V8 version. Not eassy when english is not ure main-language. In the V8 version i cant edit anything, but the V7.5 is seeing my E38 pcm. I loaded it to my laptop and chanched the topspeed from 250KMH to 350KMH.
When i tried to flash it to my PCM i got message license ure flashscan V2. So i go to help and to flashscanV2/ autocal V2 licensing and there i read: vin license counters: Available: 0 Used: 0
What am i doing wrong?
Tnx, Chiel

joecar
April 13th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Hi Chiel,

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

V7 is used for editing for now.
V8 is used for configuring V2, and will later provide editing (V8 is still in progress).

Differences between V7 and V8 software:

showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2&p=128785#post128785)
showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL)
showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer&p=123595&viewfull=1#post123595)
showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data&p=136965#post136965)
Please post a screen image of the Help->Flashscan V2/Autocal V2 Licensing window.

To capture a screen image, do SHIFT-PrtSCRN and use IrfanView to paste to file, and then post like this:

Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments -> Add Files -> Select Files,

select the file(s) you want to upload, Open,

Upload Files -> Done

chiel
April 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
yes, tnx for support, i had to plug in the car otherwise the screen did not show the zero's:

ScarabEpic22
April 14th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Did you order a V2 Scan & Tune product, or just a V2 Scan Only? Have you entered the information on the blue registration card that came with your V2 in V7.5? Click Help -> Register EFILive then enter everything EXACTLY as it appears on the card (no name however).

chiel
April 14th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Did you order a V2 Scan & Tune product, or just a V2 Scan Only? Have you entered the information on the blue registration card that came with your V2 in V7.5? Click Help -> Register EFILive then enter everything EXACTLY as it appears on the card (no name however).

I looked it up and i ordered: FlashScan V2 Scan And Tune
And yes i registered like u said and if i look there now i see the registration key etc. and on my blue card and there it says: commercial scan&tune

Blacky
April 14th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Using the FlashScan keypad select the following options:
F4 Options -> F3 Licensing -> F2 VIN Licenses.
Please take a screen shot of that screen using the EFILive V8 Control Panel.
Start the EFILive V8 Control Panel using the Windows Start Menu: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive HAPI
Then click on the FlashScan icon in the Windows System Tray at the end of the Task Bar (see picture).

Post that picture in this thread.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
April 14th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Check also that you have the latest V7.6 software installed. If you do not have a recent V7 version installed it will not recognize the internal licensing structure change that was made to support the Cummins licensing (soon to be released).

chiel
April 21st, 2011, 04:35 AM
Check also that you have the latest V7.6 software installed. If you do not have a recent V7 version installed it will not recognize the internal licensing structure change that was made to support the Cummins licensing (soon to be released).

I try this first(easier) then later i try the other answer. Tnx guys.

chiel
April 25th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Yes , the test went ok after updating. Now before i flash for real: full flash or calibrations only?

ScarabEpic22
April 25th, 2011, 06:10 AM
First read out the stock tune, save it in a safe place (or multiple).

Unless you are applying a COS or a patch that needs a full flash, just do a calibration flash.