PDA

View Full Version : how to bbl

nchristian
June 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hey I new at this. How do you set up bbl to do a Auto VE. I aslo have a 4gb sd card that does not seem to format.I was looking around for a tut. but didnt find anything yet.
thanks for any help.:doh2:

Brian1
June 14th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I am assuming it is an sdhc card. If so then it will not work. Look for a 2gig or smaller and you will be fine. The sd card chipset in the Flashscan II does not support sdhc interface.

Brian

nchristian
June 14th, 2009, 03:18 AM
ok ill get a new sd card. but what do u have to do to set uo the pids and the map to bbbl

nevinsb
June 14th, 2009, 03:25 AM
You have the latest version of EFILive software:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Install the latest firmware from the EFILive Explorer (Making sure you read the directions which tells you what order to install the bootloader and firmware in, as well as formatting the config area and copying the required files.

Then, from the Scan And Tune utility, under "Black Box Logging" set up the PIDs you want for your PCM.

From the Scan And Tune Utility, configure F6: Device Settings

On the V2:
F1 Select PIDs (and select your PID)
F2 Scan Tool > Data Logging > Record Data

Brian1
June 14th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I use the latest V8 software to configure the Flashscan II. If have not got it or an older version that is out then upgrade to the latest. If the Check For Update tool does not get you to the latest then uninstall and download and install the latest.

Now that you are at build 58 do the following
Open ScanAndTune app.
Goto F3 which is Black Box Logging
Down at the program button is an arrow on the right side of it.
Click it and format the config file.

Now you have a list on the upper left corner of a list. You can alter any of them if you wish or add a new one by checking the next empty box.

As for Auto VE I don't know any thing about that.

But if you right click over one of the existing Flashscan/Autocal menu Items or new one then select properties. Select the primary controller like the engine ECM and if seperate TCM for transmission then select that for secondary.

Now in the list on the right select the PIDs you want to monitor. Limit to 24 PIds or less.
Note some PIDs use more than one PID.

Once all setup you will have your list of PIDs in the lower left corner box. You can right click over them and modify them like if you want to read the Imperial version of the data for desired PID.

Now goto the Program button and hit the arrow again. Select Program All Required Data. I have not done this one but assume it copies the pmm files as well. Let me know how this works.

To see if config file has the needed info you can open the EFILive Explorer app and click on the config tab. It should list a bunch of pmm files plus the options.txt file.

Brian

nevinsb
June 14th, 2009, 03:38 AM
If you need help setting up specific PIDs for the AutoVE, it would help us if you provided information such as (Vehicle make/model, PCM, Wideband model, and modifications to the vehicle).

There is a tutorial for running AutoVE. Also, there is a AutoVE pid list inside of the EFILive Scan software you can look at.

You want to limit your PID selection to 24 channels to get the fastest frame rate. Some PIDs use more than one channel.

nchristian
June 14th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Im programing a 04 silerado. ls1 pcm.and using a serial lm1 wideband

nevinsb
June 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Logging the the serial wideband should be pretty easy. You will have to add the CALC.BEN1 PID inside of the scan software after you are done making the log, then create a new 3D map of RPM/MAP/BEN inside of the scan software. Just let us know where you get stuck.

nchristian
June 15th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I have made a map on the scan tool. I would like to know how to put it in the v2 and not use may laptop when doing the ve

nevinsb
June 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
You will still need to copy the log to the laptop, add the CALC.BEN1 PID to the log from the scan software, run the data through the BEN map, filter the map, copy to your VE tune, then reflash the PCM. These steps still need to be done with the laptop.