PDA

View Full Version : code p0500

brown bear
June 14th, 2009, 03:21 AM
i keep getting this code everytime ill star my truck
i alredy flash it with my v2 and it goes away but as soon as i shut off my truck and try to star it again the light with the same trouble code comes back on what do i need to do i insataled the dsp5 switch and also i doble check wires and everything to make sure its all plug back in and everithing seems fine how can i get rid of this code ? anything will help thank you !

nevinsb
June 14th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Did this start happen right after you flashed the PCM the first time?

brown bear
June 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Did this start happen right after you flashed the PCM the first time?

yup right after we flashed it so now every time a fire up the truck i have to clear all the DTC'S everytime otherwise the light will come back on showing the code

nevinsb
June 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
What are you driving, and what all was changed?

brown bear
June 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
02 chevy lb7 i dont really know what was changed all i know is that i got now 5 tunes with the dsp and the truck runs like a dream it just the code keeps coming back

nevinsb
June 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Other than trying to flash the factory cal back, I'm not sure what to suggest. I have never encountered or heard of this happening.

brown bear
June 14th, 2009, 03:27 PM
mmm alritgh well ill keep looking and see what i find out thanks

nevinsb
June 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
You don't have any out of range values, do you? I would check all of the values related to tire size and gear ratios.

brown bear
June 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
no i dont and i did check the values to the tire size and still doing the same thing i know its really weird