PDA

View Full Version : Problem with fuel tables?

Sparky8370
June 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I've been logging some data, then I click on the tune to see the affected cells in different tables. I noticed that no matter what the commanded or actual fuel pressure was, that it only would highlight in the 190 MPa column of any table that has fuel pressure. IE: B0720, B0721, B0722.
Because I was logging to find the cells in a specific portion to lower my EGT's, it wasn't very broad. I would go into B1001 (fuel pressure base) and the highlighted cells were usually between 150 and 160. I was wondering why it was in the 190 column and checked the tables that modify fuel pressure base (B1002, B1004, and B1006) and I could find no logical explanation for this.

So I took a longer log and highlighted the whole log and checked the previously mentioned tables (B0720, B0721, B0722) and still it was only highlighted in the 190 column. This time I had many more highlights in B1001, all below 190. So I went back to my log and started looking at some things.

Here's an example of what I found:
On frame 20 actual fuel pressure 12,724 psi (which comes out to 87.7 MPa)
Pulse width 509.
The 190 column is highlighted with a pulse width of 440. But if I go to the 80 and 90MPa columns in the same mm3 row, the numbers are much closer to what was recorded in the log at that frame.

My conclusion is that the ECM is using the data from the right columns, but the scan tool is only highlighting the 190MPa column in the tune tool. Which makes it difficult to use that function of EFI Live.

Also, I have a couple requests.
1) EFI sets a maximum of 250MPa, but all the tables with fuel pressure only go up to 190MPa, can these tables be expanded to go beyond 190? Maybe to 250, since that is the maximum?
2) My logged fuel pressure is in PSI, but it's in MPa in the tables. Can there be a PID to log that displays fuel pressure in MPa, maybe with several decimal points? PSI is much finer of a measurement, which would be better in the tables IMO, but I am assuming you didn't want the cells to be too wide. I would like having PSI in the tables in the tune table much better.

This is with 7.5.5 build 88
I'll attach a log file and a copy of the tune so you can see what I mean.

Sparky8370
June 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Anybody?

Racehemi
June 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
The tune uses MPa so the scan tool needs to be displayed in MPa not PSI or, well you see what happens. Change this by right clicking on the PID and selecting metric.

Sparky8370
June 15th, 2009, 12:36 PM
The tune uses MPa so the scan tool needs to be displayed in MPa not PSI or, well you see what happens. Change this by right clicking on the PID and selecting metric.
Well that solves the part of them not displaying in the same units. I always wondered what the MPa was, but when I set it to all imperial, it still showed MPa, so when I looked for the PIDs I looked in the imperial section.

But, I tried what you said and set it to MPa and it's still a no go. Data only shows up in the 190 column. I also changed some to metric PIDs and they still display in the right area of the tune tool that is set to imperial. I'm assuming choosing metric or imperial just changes the way the same data is viewed, instead of two separate sources of data.

Sparky8370
June 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
still having this issue.

joecar
June 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Each pid can be displayed in Metric or Imperial, but the pid itself is a single pid.

Is this the problem you're having: the scantool Data tab shows different units for a pid than what the tunetool shows as table axis for the same pid...?

Sparky8370
June 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Each pid can be displayed in Metric or Imperial, but the pid itself is a single pid.

Is this the problem you're having: the scantool Data tab shows different units for a pid than what the tunetool shows as table axis for the same pid...?

No, that's not the problem I am having. The problem is when you highlight a portion of the log, then go to the tune tool it does not highlight the right cells that have to do with fuel pressure, except in the fuel pressure base table.

For example, say I mark a portion then look in the tune tool and the actual fuel pressure was at 80 MPa and the pulse width was at 528. I then look in the tune tool and look at B0720. The 190 MPa column is highlighted instead of 80, and therefore the wrong pulse width cell is highlighted. I think the other tables are ok, but the injection tables don't show the right MPa column, it's always the 190 column no matter what the pressure is.

joecar
June 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Post some screenshots of scantool and tunetool displays.

Sparky8370
June 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5643&stc=1&d=1245368655
http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5644&stc=1&d=1245368655http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5645&stc=1&d=1245368655http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5646&stc=1&d=1245368655

Sparky8370
June 18th, 2009, 11:48 AM
If you look in the injection tables, the actual fuel pressure is in the 190 MPa column. You can see in the log that it was at 62.6 MPa. If you look at the fuel pressure base table, it's showing the correct cell highlighted. I think this problem is only in the injection tables.

PS, sorry about pics being so big. I didn't resize them so that you would be able to see them better.

Blacky
June 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
The value of the PIDs displayed in the charts is not related to the value of the PID used to link to the tune tables.

Check the units and value of the FRP PID in the F9 tab page. That is the value that is sent to the tuning tool. If it is displayed in units other than mPa (in the F9 tab page) then it won't match with the tuning tool.

That limitiation is annoying and is being fixed in the V8 scan/tune tool software.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
June 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Are you saying that you used to be able to highlight selected cells in a scan.exe map
and those same cells would be highlighted in the corresponding table in the tune.exe?

To my knowledge this has never been available, this is what "copy with labels" is for.

Blacky
June 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Are you saying that you used to be able to highlight selected cells in a scan.exe map
and those same cells would be highlighted in the corresponding table in the tune.exe?

To my knowledge this has never been available, this is what "copy with labels" is for.

You can link any table with any PIDs, so long as you set up the correct PIDs in the cal_link.txt file.

Paul

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
The Diesel cal_link.txt file is not complete by default to link everything.

I wrote all new cal_link text to properly link all the data.

You also have to log the proper PIDS to get the links to work, if you miss say an ETC pid anything that is ECT related will not log.

:cheers: