PDA

View Full Version : E38 2007 ZO6 Map only Tunning

Lucas English
June 15th, 2009, 07:19 AM
So for the last week I have been beating my head on a wall with learning the EFI Live system.

Stock this car made 472whp with no tuning (11.3@126) We put a cam, Headers and intake in and tuned it and it makes 554whp and has ran 11.3@131mph.

I did the prev AF tuning by just adjusting the PE tables and it worked great, But the idle and cruse quality I felt could be better and I wanted to learn this system a bit better so I followed the E38 VVE Dial in guide. The car would start but was way to lean so I just started grabbing chunks of the VVE table to see if I could it to at least idle and rev. I had to move the table to 4000 to make it idle and rev right. (Have not drove it yet) From my reading I have not seen any one with a table that high so I did not want to start putting time into the table thinking I may have something wrong in other maps.

I tell you between updating my Firmware, boot block and building a LC1 serial adpt I am really having fun :)

Once I get the car working right the stock injectors I am going to be putting 100lb injectors in and tuning the car on E85.

Lucas English
June 15th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Here is the map that is on the car now. I went through the Guide again and set the table back to stock and added in 200 so far but it seems the same will need to set the VVE table to 4000 to make it idle and rev right.

Hope this uploder is ok. I upload pics all the time but not to many files.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5QO9SUKF

swingtan
June 15th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Well I tried to download the file, but I got a connection reset. You can upload the file to the forum and save people the hassle of going to a 3rd party site. When making a post, look below the text box and there is an option to "manage attachments". You can then upload the tun file. Try doing that and I'll have a look at your tune. While you are at it, add a log of the start up as well. It would be good to see the WB AFR and air flow at start and idle.

Simon.

GMPX
June 15th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Here is the map that is on the car now. I went through the Guide again and set the table back to stock and added in 200 so far but it seems the same will need to set the VVE table to 4000 to make it idle and rev right.

Hope this uploder is ok. I upload pics all the time but not to many files.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5QO9SUKF
4000 sounds way too high. I have to ask the obvious, how did you make it do MAP only tuning? Did you force the MAF to fail? Or have you removed it?

Lucas English
June 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I followed the how to and have the yellow wire on the MAF unhooked.

swingtan
June 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Any chance of a log? I've managed to download the tune and it looks like you are going to be running lean on a cold start. How big is the cam? It also looks like min idle air is fairly low.

Simon

Lucas English
June 15th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I can get a log.

Right now it will start and kinda run if I pump the gas and the AFRS on the LC1 are 25-40. IF I put the VVE to the 4000 it will start, idle and run fine.

I will need to move the VVE back to get any kind of a log.

What are all the values you are looking for in a log?

swingtan
June 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Why can't you log? Is it just that you are not at the car right now?

I would like to see....

WB AFR
AFRATIO
Air flow ( gm/cyl )
ETCTP %
INVLVTMP
ECT
RPM
SPARKADV

Simon

Lucas English
June 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Well with if I crank the table it will idle but not drive. If I give it hard gas it will just die out. Not like its rich but no fuel at all.

I hooked up the Stock MAF and put my old tune in to drive it.

Think you may be able look a bit further in to the tune to see ware I may have gone wrong in the MAP setup.

Here is a log ware I got the car to drive a mile or so till I just switched back to my good tune.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYVTNODO