PDA

View Full Version : little help please

02dirty
June 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
i am lookin at gauges and i am thinkin about 0-60 boost 0-2400 egt and a 0-30 fuel pressure would you guys get the fuel pressure gauge or would you go with a trans temp or something else my truck is an 2002 i dont know if the stock trans gauge is accurate let me know what you guys would go with thanks ..thanks :confused:

Brian1
June 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I would look around here. They have so many brands and some can be setup the way you want. http://www.egauges.com/default.asp. Autometers are about the nicest ones but the most expensive ones.

As for the 0-30 I am assuming you mean on the low side to the CP3 pump. There is no stock pump on these trucks. The CP3 pulls fuel from the tank so a fuel gauge for this is not much use unless you have a lift pump. Then it would be best to have two low pressure gauges before and after the filter to see if filter is plugging.

Now you can monitor the output side of the CP3 pump to the fuel rail but not sure the max on LB7. I believe they are lower than LLY and up engines. Mine which is LMM and the LBZ do stock a maximum of roughly 26,000psi. Now monitor this can tell you maybe your running out of fuel especially on WOT shifts. If you floor it and stalls on shifts between 3 to 4 then more than likely the fuel filter needs changed. Just my experience of this. One can see the fuel pressure dropping off.

The two most important ones are Boost and EGT. Just depends on ones setup after that. dual lift pumps, dual cp3 pumps, twin turbo setup. Then one whats too monitor each items seperately.

Brian

Brian1
June 18th, 2009, 05:44 AM
A good forum site for all around GM diesel is http://www.dieselplace.com. Check it out Many great bits of info on everything versus just this site that is mostly dedicated to EFILive tuning and scaning.

Brian

02dirty
June 18th, 2009, 12:36 PM
got a ppe lift pump just decided to go with the tran temp but thanks guys

Brian1
June 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Sounds nice. Go check out www.dieselplace.com . Fill out your sig there on what you got and read away and ask lots of questions if searching doesn't help.

Brian