PDA

View Full Version : tips or trick on V.E. table

aaronr
June 21st, 2009, 09:09 AM
Well took the truck to the track and was fighting the truck being little lean. My truck wasn't showing allot point on the ve map. If you look at the log file from 1580 to 1600 truck little lean. So i just need go to the boost v.e table and move the number up a x% or there a easer way to do this?
Here is my log file.

5.7ute
June 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Use one of the 2bar BEN maps & set it up for the serial wideband BEN pid. Then copy the cells over 105kpa map & paste & multiply the Ben factor to the Boost VE table. As long as you are commanding the AFR you want in boost this will work fine.

aaronr
June 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Use one of the 2bar BEN maps & set it up for the serial wideband BEN pid. Then copy the cells over 105kpa map & paste & multiply the Ben factor to the Boost VE table. As long as you are commanding the AFR you want in boost this will work fine.

I not sure what you are saying. See my picture that attached. When I filter anything less than 10 counts there not whole lot of sells left in my v.e map look at. So I was trying to figure out easer way to rich up the boost v.e table with out just guessing.

5.7ute
June 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM
You wont get a high cell count under WOT conditions as the motor revs up too fast. What you could try is apply the BEN factor in the Boosted areas without hiding the "empty" cells & hand smooth any spikes.
Or you can use a dual data addition sheet to add your logs together. This works well as long as ETC & IAT's are kept constant.

aaronr
July 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM
You wont get a high cell count under WOT conditions as the motor revs up too fast. What you could try is apply the BEN factor in the Boosted areas without hiding the "empty" cells & hand smooth any spikes.
Or you can use a dual data addition sheet to add your logs together. This works well as long as ETC & IAT's are kept constant.

Sorry not get back to this tread right away my 60 let go week ago. Going to put in sem-build 80 tomorrow. How does High Resolution RPM table work??

5.7ute
July 1st, 2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry not get back to this tread right away my 60 let go week ago. Going to put in sem-build 80 tomorrow. How does High Resolution RPM table work??

The High res table was an experiment I tried a few years ago to try remove any errors from interpolation. What it did was only use the values from the middle of the cell, so any erronous cells that it was next to didnt have any influence on the final BEN value. It worked quite well but a different approach to driving the car gave faster results.(plus my roadrunner made it redundant)

mr.prick
July 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
You made a map with custom labels and used the spreadsheet to merge the data?

5.7ute
July 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
The map was made with custom labels & pasted into a spreadsheet. The values from the center of the cells were then transposed into a sheet to paste/multiply into your tune. There was some other stuff on that sheet I didnt finish as I didnt need it once the RR rocked up.

mr.prick
July 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Interesting.
Where there any advantages over a standard BEN paste?

5.7ute
July 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Being a newbie at the time a few unknowns were overlooked with this method. Things like transient fuelling werent filtered out of the data which made it inaccurate, especially with small cell counts. It did however bring the BENs into line fairly quickly once good steady data was collected.
Once I have finished the injector stuff I am working on, which I need for the transient fuelling pids etc I will have to revisit this.