PDA

View Full Version : Can we download the latest release version????

launchn
January 3rd, 2005, 07:15 AM
Now that the store is open; for those of us that have purchased upgrades can we download the software so we can get started looking at all the available functions and getting our registrations taken care of???

Blacky
January 3rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
The latest V7 software will be available for download later this week.

Regards
Paul

BowlingSS
January 6th, 2005, 08:36 AM
It is later this week... Is it ready yet...

BowlingSS
:D

Blacky
January 6th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Soon, it should be available today or tomorrow.
Regards
Paul

87gmc
January 6th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Regards
Paul

Will we be able to data log with V7 with our old cable till we recieve the new one?

Blacky
January 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Regards
Paul

Will we be able to data log with V7 with our old cable till we recieve the new one?

Yes, once you get your (free) upgraded V7 license.
I'm going to have to automate that process - the last round of upgrades from V5 to V6 was a huge job. I had no idea there were that many EFILive users out there. But I shouldn't complain about that should I.

I will try and figure out how to automate the process...
Meanwhile, I will start doing them manually. When I upload the new software, I'll add an upgrade licnese option page as well.

Regards
Paul

87gmc
January 7th, 2005, 05:48 PM
anything yet guys?

Blacky
January 7th, 2005, 06:03 PM
anything yet guys?

The install is built (and tested on XP), just testing it on Win 2K, and Win 98.
If it passes, then it will be uploaded - if not, it will be a few more hours yet :)

Regards
Paul

wait4me
January 7th, 2005, 06:20 PM
you mean there are different operating systems out there still? lol

Blacky
January 7th, 2005, 06:28 PM
you mean there are different operating systems out there still? lol

:mrgreen: I always thought there were only two types of oprating systems: OS's for Mainframes and OS's for UNIX based, "useful" computers. Now I find out there's this "OS" called Windows - what's up with that? :mrgreen:

wait4me
January 7th, 2005, 06:32 PM
if only the world would be so simple.. i remember the first year of me going to a programming class, and they had the cool one line of code per card... lol im glad that was for only one year of school, then we got to move up the the all powerful commadore 64.. lol, ohh those where the days..
10 print "hello"
20 print "im bored"
30 end

lol.. dang im only 29 and sound like my dad now... ohhh,,...

Blacky
January 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
anything yet guys?

The install is built (and tested on XP), just testing it on Win 2K, and Win 98.
If it passes, then it will be uploaded - if not, it will be a few more hours yet :)

Regards
Paul

Win 2K passed, now testing Win 98.....
Paul

wait4me
January 7th, 2005, 06:40 PM
and the drum roll please.. damn, its 1:39am here, am i the only guy here excited? lol, cant sleep..

wait4me
January 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM
i can post this stuff on the tuning site right? i guess i forgot to ask permission..

Drake
January 7th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Great, great, great... I'm going to the track tomorrow morning for the first test&tune of the season, this will work out nicely.

:mrgreen:

wait4me
January 7th, 2005, 06:50 PM
and the race begins on who gets it first.. :) got my pro code in hand.. lol

wait4me
January 7th, 2005, 08:21 PM
dang, its 3 am, finally gave up and went to bed, then wouldnt you know it, work called and now i have to snowplow all night.. man, this sucks, im tired. and well dang it i have an appointment to dyno tune a truck for a company tomarrow. im gunna be so warn out, i might not be able to play around with the new stuff till tommow night.. :( dang it, jes

Blacky
January 7th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Done!
Download here: http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Regards
Paul

Earl H
January 8th, 2005, 08:38 AM
The install isn't working. When I try to install I get a "...file is not a valid Win32 application" error. Any recommendations?

Blacky
January 8th, 2005, 08:59 AM
The install isn't working. When I try to install I get a "...file is not a valid Win32 application" error. Any recommendations?

Download again (from a different ISP connection if possible*) - it must have been corrupted during the download.
I will investigate posting the md5 checksums so people can verify the download.

* Some ISPs cache large files like that for a period of time and you may end up downloading the same corrupt file.

Regards
Paul

Earl H
January 8th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks...download worked...

wait4me
January 8th, 2005, 10:59 AM
looks very nice. im impressed.. you guys did a great job. as soon as the new cables come in ill get in on this, and set up the 98 stuff for you guys. i just dont know how or what i need to do to put it in.

Blacky
January 8th, 2005, 11:42 AM
looks very nice. im impressed.. you guys did a great job. as soon as the new cables come in ill get in on this, and set up the 98 stuff for you guys. i just dont know how or what i need to do to put it in.

We are setting up a "group" and a dedicated forum to do the 98's. We'll let you know when its ready to go.
Paul