PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 Pictures and Info

Blacky
October 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM
EFILive is pleased to announce our all new FlashScan V2 Scan and Tuning Tool.

The new FlashScan unit is packed with features that makes scanning and tuning easier, more accurate and much safer.

Read more...
http://www.efilive.com/flashscan.html

Regards
Paul

SinisterSS
October 6th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Very nice! Makes my current FlashScan cable look like a Model T and 15 months ago I thought it kicked ass.

You know the two obvious questions... :D

GMPX
October 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Then the obvious two answers.......

1 - More than a cup of coffee.
2 - In 2006.
:wink: :D

Cheers,
Ross

Dirk Diggler
October 6th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I cant flipping wait. This is great new guys pushing the envelope as ususal.

joecar
October 6th, 2005, 12:24 PM
...Does it support Coffee Maker Interface 3.0...?

It is very cool indeed. 8) 8) 8)

Dirk Diggler
October 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
And now I can tune LT1's with the WB easier and faster than I have in the past.

Dave_62
October 6th, 2005, 01:08 PM

Pardon the newbie here, but...

It's possible to tune OBD-II LT1's with this? Now that would be above and beyond great. Help me out with some details here!

Thanks,

David

Blacky
October 6th, 2005, 01:13 PM

It's possible to tune OBD-II LT1's with this? Now that would be above and beyond great. Help me out with some details here!

Thanks,

David

Not we are not about to enter the OBDI tuning market.

What was meant was, you will be able to scan/log data from OBDI vehicles. With the extra inputs of FlashScan V2 you will be able to log wide band data as part of the ALDL data stream and using EFILive's MAPs you will be able to generate a VE correction table that can be applied to the VE table of the PCM you are tuning (using a third party OBDI tuning tool).

Regard
Paul

Black02SS
October 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
WOW! This is great. I must ask though, why do you insist on showing things like this when its almost winter for some of us. :( Its like a big tease. LOL I will be stopping the UPS guy now everyday in hopes that it appears. This is going to ba a long winter for some of us. Another first from EFI Live..... I love it!

Thanks again guys!

Dave_62
October 6th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Thanks,

David

Not we are not about to enter the OBDI tuning market.

What was meant was, you will be able to scan/log data from OBDI vehicles. With the extra inputs of FlashScan V2 you will be able to log wide band data as part of the ALDL data stream and using EFILive's MAPs you will be able to generate a VE correction table that can be applied to the VE table of the PCM you are tuning (using a third party OBDI tuning tool).

Regard
Paul

Got that. My LT1 is an OBD-2 (1997 model) though. Still fall under the same deal? Regardless, V2 looks absolutely amazing!

David

GMPX
October 6th, 2005, 03:15 PM
We have no plans to start adding in LT1's to the programming software, that has been covered by many vendors, what it does mean is the vehicles we support in the EFILive V4 scanner software can be logged with WBO2 inputs (and others).

Our main focus is still LS1/LS2 programming, oh and also........ooops, can't say anything just yet, very soon though :shock: :D

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
October 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
:shock:

Brains
October 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Whoah, that thing looks pretty darned cool. It'd cool to have black box logging as is (LOVE that feature, use it a LOT) but having the display and more controls is just pimp :)

vetteboy2k
October 6th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Wait4me, check your PM

ntae
October 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Then the obvious two answers.......

1 - More than a cup of coffee.
2 - In 2006.
:wink: :D

Cheers,
Ross

coffee is cheap

does it have to be 2006

Geoff

jsttry
October 6th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Very nice there Ross/Paul

Would love to get my hands on it to see what can be done without a laptop. Do a lot of drag racing and not having to keep a laptop in the car would be a bonus.

I'll raise NTAE's coffee and offer you 2!!

Will be over in NZ in January so maybe we should go take a look NTAE ;)

ntae
October 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM
my life ends in january so no point in me taking a look

GMPX
October 6th, 2005, 10:10 PM
NTAE - What The??.

All others, thanks for the offers to test, we do kinda have that covered though.

Cheers,
Ross

jsttry
October 6th, 2005, 10:18 PM
The poor fella was silly enough to pop the question and ties the knot in NZ in early January. After that he will have to sell all his toys and stop all his playing because he'll be under the thumb of his new wife :lol:

GMPX
October 6th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I know someone else around here with a familiar story :P :P

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
October 7th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I was dragged kicking and screaming over to NZ, it was a struggle at first...

I now watch rugby instead of Footy :(
Watercraft have sails not 350 chevys :(
Australia is the west island of New Zealand.
According to Sanitarium, Kiwi kids are weetbix kids.
Most rugby players are bigger and scarier than they appear on tv.
We live next to a volcano.

But it got better...

There are more Kiwis living in Australia then in New Zealand :shock:
I now know all the ugly, famous Australians are actually Kiwis.
Grass doesn't go brown in summer.
When the lakes are getting low we have power restrictions not water restrictions.
Cats are optional. (exhaust cats not real cats)
Possums are vermin.
Murphy is the new Brock.
There are no venomous snakes or spiders.

And I even learnt to speak kiwi:
http://www.stuffucanuse.com/topics/speak_kiwi.htm

Regards
Paul

Scoota
October 7th, 2005, 03:40 AM
That's a good one Paul.
I can just see a laminated printout pasted to the back of the toilet door.

Cheers Scotty.

joecar
October 7th, 2005, 08:15 AM
I don't want to say too much...

joecar
October 7th, 2005, 08:17 AM
And I even learnt to speak kiwi:
http://www.stuffucanuse.com/topics/speak_kiwi.htm

He he he, the pronunciation sounds right... lol :lol:

VortechC5
October 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
This looks like an awesome tool! I can't wait to check it out at SEMA.

Will the AutoTap booth be at the AAPEX part of the show? That is where they were one other time that I stopped by a couple of years ago.

mistermike
October 8th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Will unused licences be able to be transfered to the new interface?

Blacky
October 8th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Will unused licences be able to be transfered to the new interface?

I wondered how long it would take for that question to pop up again.
We're still trying to figure out how to "implement" that option.
We will support the transfer of licenses but we just don't know how - yet!

Paul

mistermike
October 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Perhaps a government-agency certified video of your old interface being run through a food processor. :shock:

mistermike
October 8th, 2005, 11:57 AM
BTW, it looks wonderful.

Blacky
October 8th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Perhaps a government-agency certified video of your old interface being run through a food processor. :shock:

Nooooooooo - oh the inhumanity, they are like children to us. Each one was lovingly reflashed and tested until it was old enough to be shipped out. Ah crap, who am I trying to fool, they were mass produced on a production line. Blend away....

We'll think of something, but ideas are welcome - maybe a little less violent.

P.S. If it was gub'ment certified I'd be more concerned about it being fraudelent than if it wasn't gub'ment certified. 8) 8)

Paul

joecar
October 8th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Perhaps it could be a backup unit...?

GMPX
October 8th, 2005, 11:21 PM

:cry: Not my little babies :cry:

Cheers,
Ross

mistermike
October 9th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Nooooooooo - oh the inhumanity, they are like children to us. Each one was lovingly reflashed and tested until it was old enough to be shipped out. Ah crap, who am I trying to fool, they were mass produced on a production line. Blend away....

We'll think of something, but ideas are welcome - maybe a little less violent.

P.S. If it was gub'ment certified I'd be more concerned about it being fraudelent than if it wasn't gub'ment certified. 8) 8)

Paul

:cry: Not my little babies :cry:

Cheers,
Ross

OK fellas J/K :lol: I'm no child molester!! That's too nice a piece to grind up anyhow. Aside from how to Xfer licensing, I can see a whole new thread developing on interesting and fun things to do with your old interface.

I didn't know they had "gub'ment" downunder, too. These guys are untrustworthy? Pshaw! I'm sure a blue ribbon panel with Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon (death was only a cover story) and the boys at Enron could figure it out.

Seriously though, it sounds like a formidable challenge. It would seem on the surface of things, a proprietary hardware based transfer requiring both units to plug in simultaneously would be the most secure, but the most difficult to implement. Perhaps some smarts could be built into the new unit that would let it connect directly to the old, poll it, and then fill it up with phony random PCM serials might be feasable. To further enhance security, maybe the serial of the old interface would have to be burned into the new one in advance, so it would only talk to a specific one.

wait4me
October 9th, 2005, 03:46 AM
We Could have them all sent to a certified reseller, and The reseller manually use up the extra licenses and then send you the info on what there was left and then send the cable back or issue the upgrade?

Blacky
October 9th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Seriously though, it sounds like a formidable challenge. It would seem on the surface of things, a proprietary hardware based transfer requiring both units to plug in simultaneously would be the most secure, but the most difficult to implement. Perhaps some smarts could be built into the new unit that would let it connect directly to the old, poll it, and then fill it up with phony random PCM serials might be feasable. To further enhance security, maybe the serial of the old interface would have to be burned into the new one in advance, so it would only talk to a specific one.

Very interesting concept - I had not even considered that as an option. I will pay that some serious attention - thankyou.
Paul

Blacky
October 9th, 2005, 11:17 AM
We Could have them all sent to a certified reseller, and The reseller manually use up the extra licenses and then send you the info on what there was left and then send the cable back or issue the upgrade?

I think some upgrade options may require this option as well.
Paul

Dazza
October 11th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Hey fellas, this looks like an excellent bit of kit, good stuff,except....can you get it out earlier please.....like next month !!!

Cheers.........D

mistermike
October 12th, 2005, 01:52 AM
The topic of outputs has popped up from time to time in the past regarding nitrous or alky/water injection triggers, etc. I'm guessing you fellows considered it and decided no. I can kind of see that greasing a path towards folks expecting it to become a piggy back controller as opposed to a scan and tuning tool. No complaints here, mind you. (besides, I just bought an alky controller) The new features and inputs are more than enough to keep me busy, learning, and happy for a long time!

GMPX
October 12th, 2005, 02:00 AM
The topic of outputs has popped up from time to time in the past regarding nitrous or alky/water injection triggers, etc. I'm guessing you fellows considered it and decided no. I can kind of see that greasing a path towards folks expecting it to become a piggy back controller as opposed to a scan and tuning tool. No complaints here, mind you. (besides, I just bought an alky controller) The new features and inputs are more than enough to keep me busy, learning, and happy for a long time!

Mike,

We've already got test program PCM's that are using spare outputs to turn 'stuff' on, but time is our enemy right now, for me to patch that code into all our V3 O.S's is a pretty big job. It will happen though, because we never intended the V2 interface to be used as a water injection or NOS controller.

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
October 12th, 2005, 03:24 AM
this just keeps getting better and better... keep it coming guys!

00transam
October 12th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Ok....this just doesn't seem right. I just upgraded my scan tool to the tune tool and received it about a week ago. Now I am going to have to pay for another upgrade? That doesn't seem fair.

vetteboy2k
October 12th, 2005, 08:12 AM
00transam,

You don't have to upgrade. The flashscan version you have now is more than adequate for tuning and scanning. This is just another version of the flashscan interface that has more options. If you like the options it provides you with then you can upgrade if not then you don't have to. The software will still work with both V_1.2 and V_2.0 of the interface cables. Hope that clears things up.

Dirk Diggler
October 12th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Ok....this just doesn't seem right. I just upgraded my scan tool to the tune tool and received it about a week ago. Now I am going to have to pay for another upgrade? That doesn't seem fair.

I could understand your issue if you bought it last weekn and they were releasing 2.0 this week but that isnt the case. There are at least 4 more months of waiting and even then it will be to cold to be racing or driving the car leisurely. So that 4 months jsut now became 8 months. Woudl you have rather waited 8 months?

mistermike
October 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Disregard this error

mistermike
October 12th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Mike,

We've already got test program PCM's that are using spare outputs to turn 'stuff' on, but time is our enemy right now, for me to patch that code into all our V3 O.S's is a pretty big job. It will happen though, because we never intended the V2 interface to be used as a water injection or NOS controller.

Cheers,
Ross

Absolutely. After observing this market for a whort while, time is a mother******, especially when the competetion is...oh I won't get into it publicly.

GMPX
October 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM

00tansam, as was posted above, you are not forced into purchasing a V2 interface. If you have no need for the extra features that the new interface will offer then there is no real issue.
The software will still work with the V1.2 interface and as we have always done, the software upgrades will be free.
I do understand your concern, but don't be.

Cheers,
Ross

mistermike
October 12th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Don't feel bad. I bought an Oldsmobile in 2000 and got nothing but accelerated depreciation for my trouble. The upgrade deal from the scan tool to the tuning tool is very generous, as I'm certain the v2 upgrade will be. I had not had v6/B&B interface very long when FlashScan came out but I feel that I've gotten fair value for money and then some. The inevetable evolution of the product doesn't take away from the value or usefulness of the one I already own. Believe me, you won't find a fairer bunch than these guys, nor a more loyal customer base if I may say so. Flashscan v1 is a great product. Enjoy!

highperf
November 28th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I have to second what Mistermike says, these EFILive guys are great!

I'm sure they will offer a "some what" reasonable path. I say "some what" is because as a customer FREE is the most reasonable :D . But the business side of me says another thing.

Cool Product guys! 8) and I haven't even used the current version for as much as I think I can get out of it.

Hey mistermike you pay for these babies, I thought you'd betting getting them for free anyway ? :lol: