PDA

View Full Version : LBZ/LMM Fuel Tanks

Biodiesel66
June 24th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Ross,

I'm trying to link a BBL to the tune tool for table F0101 Fuel sensor primary.

The logging PID. Fuel Level Sender/Sensor Voltage Primary,: GM.FLS. The LBZ tune file has values for that table in mv not volts, as the PID is logging in volts.

When adding F0101 to the cali_link txt file for the LBZ. It won't link because of that.

When I added F0101 for the LB7 to the cali_link txt file. The data linked from the LBZ log to a LB7 tune file and the tune values are in Volts.

Is there another PID or fix for the LBZ/LMM F0101 to calibrate the fuel tank sending units?

Biodiesel66
June 28th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Ross,

Any ideas ???????????

GMPX
June 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I will have to redo all the labels for the tables and issue some new .calz files :frown:

mr.prick
June 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Make a calc.pid for mV:
PID Volts*1000

Hey Ross, how about adding Milli Volts to PIDs that are logged in Volts. :doh2:
I always wondered why Pids were in Volts and all tuning tables are shown in Milli Volts. :confused:

Biodiesel66
June 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Make a calc.pid for mV:
PID Volts*1000

Hey Ross, how about adding Milli Volts to PIDs that are logged in Volts. :doh2:
I always wondered why Pids were in Volts and all tuning tables are shown in Milli Volts. :confused:

The calc.pid is fine, but if the LB7 and LLY are in Volts, the PID is in volts. I would think the LBZ/LMM would be in volts also.

GMPX
June 29th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Often we need to rescale the units PID's are defined in, eg, the LBZ/LMM use hPa (hectopascals) for pressure, we convert that to something people are used to (kPa or PSI).
Similar to the volts, many PID's (most actually) use volts not mV.

You would find for most people seeing 3.265V makes more sense than 3265mV. Sorry, I don't know the imperial equivalent to Millivolts :hihi:

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
July 1st, 2009, 11:02 AM
I've just changed the Fuel Tank table axis to Volts for both tables, these will be in the next update (maybe one or two weeks off).

mr.prick
July 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Sorry, I don't know the imperial equivalent to Millivolts :hihi:

LOL
Isn't it volts? :hihi:

Biodiesel66
July 1st, 2009, 12:46 PM

GMPX
July 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
LOL
Isn't it volts? :hihi:We have some passionate imperial supporters on this forum, it is the Australian way to take a stab at every opportunity :)

giesbrecht
July 5th, 2009, 08:24 AM
We have some passionate imperial supporters on this forum, it is the Australian way to take a stab at every opportunity :)

That's ok, we have Canadians in our midst and we jab them too:grin: