PDA

View Full Version : Little help with changing shift points

Tarkstoys
June 24th, 2009, 03:57 PM
First how do i get to the TCM and 2nd where to go from there? Need to push up OR down the shift between 4th to 5th....a little jumpy. Thx
Any help is very welcome!

jpowel29
June 25th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I may be able to help. What ECM and TCM tunes are you running? I know we have posted back & forth on Diesel Place. If you are looking for total tuning help give Nick @ Duramaxtuner.com a call. He is great to work with.

Tarkstoys
June 25th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hey Man! I have tuning from Nick with a tow and race tune. Does he send that to with the tunes? I only sent him a copy of my ecm. I guess i'll have to call him and ask. Dyno'd last saturday and hit 538rwhp and 976tq which i've been told is good with a stock turbo. I would like to get closer to 600 if possible. My newish nitto terra grapplers are shedding some rubber....

jpowel29
June 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM
538hp is stout. Keep it up. Nick is the man with EFI Live - he can get you where you are wanting to go.

Me - I am a hack...every good thing that has happened with my truck has been by Nick's handiwork.

Tarkstoys
June 27th, 2009, 02:53 PM
did you hear about nick tuning (thebac) on DP 580 RWHP on a factory truck!!
That's stout!!! I called nick about that one :secret: J/k.. hesaud its a lb7 and the tune he used is in his library. Nick said my truck made more hp when I spoke to him when he asked me if they were uncorrected or corrected #'s. They were uncorrected so i'll have to see.:rockon:

jpowel29
June 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
When you get it dialed in bring it to Centerville or Tulsa and get some time slips and WOT data logs. Plus running it down the track is a lot more fun than the dyno. Some upcoming diesel events at both tracks.

Tarkstoys
June 29th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I'm working on cooling the intake down forcooler egts. Maybe a bigger intercooler, tring to figure out what can be modified from stock.But ya I'll be coming up your way for some events with the family.