PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader Re-jected?

GAMEOVER
June 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I'm having problems with a 2005 Silverado 4.8ltr..."Bootloader Rejected"....The truck has aftermarket stereo, dvd, tv's e.t.c
I've unplugged fuse's, removed power from amplifier's, tv's and I still get the "Bootloader Re-jected" error message... If I remove the computer and "Read" the stock file with a bench harness and then re-install the computer would I have to do a Vats or crank re-learn??? It's the only way I can figure to Read the computer because of all the stereo crap!!!

nevinsb
June 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
You have a choice to wipe the VATS/CKPV when you do a full flash. A cal only will not erase these values.

GAMEOVER
June 28th, 2009, 02:55 AM
If it was my vehicle I would remove the Vats, but it's not...:) I just need to know If I remove the PCM, read stock file with bench harness, and then re-install it would the truck start and "NOT" throw any codes? The wiring of all the stereo equipment is a nightmare!!! Wire everywhere..... I want to make sure the truck will start, and not throw any codes because I can't read or communicate thru the OBD2 port. (won't be able to do a crank re-learn or anything)

Chevy366
June 28th, 2009, 04:20 AM
You'll be okay doing a bench harness reading , should be no codes .

GAMEOVER
June 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Does anybody know if I can wire up a temporary OBD2 port right by the PCM thru the stock wiring harness and try to do a read. It's only a couple of wires...If it works then I can data log & perform cal flashes...