PDA

View Full Version : BEN is only for analog, right? How do I log BEN with serial logging?

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
First problem, BEN is an unsupported PID. I have no frigging idea how GAMEOVER got his to work, but I'm going to try to log an unsupported PID and probably just come home pissed. Next problem, even if it does log, does the BEN not apply only if you are logging with an analog signal? I got a serial cable from TAQuickness for my tech edge to tune the truck in my sig with its illustrious black box PCM. I'm really itching to do the 411 swap with COS but for now I'm stuck with this pile, I've already blown the license, and I need to learn how to autoVE. Plus it looks so simple to do. So basically I'm trying to create a map with the BEN for my black box PCM, which has been done before by GAMEOVER, but I don't understand how.

mr.prick
June 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
You need to select it's dependent PIDs before it can be valid.
Right click the PID for more info.
Example:
BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style {CALC.BEN1}
Expression:
factor = {EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR}
Therefore EXT.WO2AFR1 and GM.AFR need to be selected for it to be valid.

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
OK I selected the necessary PID's to validate it, but all goes back to analog voltage input #1. I'm trying to do this with a serial cable, and I've read the serial tutorial, but it mentions nothing of selecting BEN type PID's. All the serial tutorial tells you to select is:

External wideband AFR1
External wideband AFR2
External wideband lambda1
External wideband lambda2
External Wideband Sensor State1
External Wideband Sensor State2

No BEN's in there.

mr.prick
June 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
In the PIDs tab in the system: drop down box select calculated,
it will be there.
Your software, bootblock and firmware should match my sig.
In the maps properties {CALC.BEN1} should be there if you have all
the dependent PIDs selected or the selected box is unchecked.

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Mine is CALC.BEN_TE1, it's all set now. Will this work with serial logging assuming I log the PID's specified in the serial logging tutorial? The reason I ask is because it appears to be dependent upon analog voltage 1 and not serial input.

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I don't know what I'm so confused about, CALC.BEN_TE1 isn't valid because my PCM doesn't play nice with GM.AFR, but it does play well with GM.AFR_B (LS2), therefore I use CALC.BEN_TE1_B. I'll throw in the PID's from the serial tutorial for good measure and I'll report back on how it works out.

5.7ute
June 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
You do not need to log calc ben te1. This is the analog output BEN pid for the tech edge. You need to log the CALC.BEN1 pid, as well as the others that mr.prick pointed out.(only the ones followed by 1 though)

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
OK yes I am confused again, Both CALC.BEN_TE1 and CALC.BEN_TE1_B are dependent upon CALC.AFR_TE1 which is dependent upon EXT.AD1 which is an analog input. So is there a CALC.BEN that is dependent upon a serial input?

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Ahh, you ninja posted me and answered me at the same time! Got it now, thanks a ton. Sorry for being a douche.

nevinsb
June 28th, 2009, 04:40 PM
This is the BEN PID I use, I am not sure what PCM your PCM uses, the L31?:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w4/nevinsb/ben1.jpg

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I used CALC.BEN1_B for the LS2 because my PCM requires the use of GM.AFR_B for some odd reason.

mr.prick
June 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I used CALC.BEN1_B for the LS2 because my PCM requires the use of GM.AFR_B for some odd reason.

This contradicts your sig.

Supercharged111
June 28th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I thought it was odd too, but GM.AFR doesn't work for me. It's an invalid PID for some reason.

GAMEOVER
June 28th, 2009, 06:59 PM
These are the Pids I used for AutoVe on my 1998 Vortec Black Box Pcm using the LC-1 for the WBO2. The last 2 Pids have red X's thru them because I didn't validate them thru the scan-tool & my truck

GAMEOVER
June 29th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Supercharged111, did you get it to work?

Supercharged111
June 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
No, I fucked something else up apparently. The POS won't run with the MAF unplugged. I put an X on ANY DTC processing enabler related to the MAF or O2's and now the truck refuses to run with the MAF unplugged. It probably runs like ass with it plugged in, I just know it idles. Fuckin bullshit.

mr.prick
June 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Do not disable MAF DTC processing enablers, this will dump fuel.
You can turn off the DTC MIL enablers.
If you want the MAF disable just set {C2901} + {C2903} to 1,
you also don't need to unplug the MAF for SD.

Supercharged111
June 29th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Man this black box sucks, neither of those exist. At any rate, I re-enabled those 3 processing enablers and the truck ran just fine and I was able to successfully autoVE twice and got my main cruising section of the map nailed down pretty good. I was having trouble hitting high RPM/low MAP sections, or rather achieving 50+ quality frames in that region. Now I wonder about all those O2 sensor DTC processing enablers I X'd out, if I should turn them back on or not. . .

GAMEOVER
July 12th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Vortec Black Box-
{B1036 & B1037} MAF Hi/Low Frequency Fail- set both to 1...
{C6002) DTC Mil Enablers P0101, P0102, P0103 set all three to "NO MIL"...