PDA

View Full Version : Injector tuning, am I missing something?

thunderstruck507
June 29th, 2009, 06:04 AM
So I've just been looking over things learning my way around and noticed when looking at my injector flow rate and comparing them to the excel file that is floating around the internet, mine are off from what they should be for 28# injectors.

The rated psi and my fuel psi are correct in the excel calculator.

Is there another way the tuner might have changed to compensate for the injectors or is this an oversight that could be contributing to my poor power?

5.7ute
June 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
So I've just been looking over things learning my way around and noticed when looking at my injector flow rate and comparing them to the excel file that is floating around the internet, mine are off from what they should be for 28# injectors.

The rated psi and my fuel psi are correct in the excel calculator.

Is there another way the tuner might have changed to compensate for the injectors or is this an oversight that could be contributing to my poor power?

Unfortunately there are many tables that can be hacked to achieve a final AFR value. Especially if the "tuner" is looking for a quick buck with no effort.
At the same time though I have noticed that factory values can differ quite a bit from that excel spreadsheet. Whether this is done for safety, or long term testing has shown an average value I IDK.
Your best bet would be to find a copy of the factory tune & see what changes have been made.