PDA

View Full Version : Just Want to Say THANKS

lplott
October 7th, 2005, 07:24 AM
To Blacky, GMPX and all the contributors of this forum,

When I bought EFILive I was excited. But now that I have been reading this forum for a couple months and worked with Scanning a little, all I can say is EFILive is an amazing product. And thank God you guys were here to keep me from having an aluminum melt down. :lol:

As for this forum and all the contributors, WOW :shock: You guys are educating me in the "Black Art" of tuning is such a friendly mannor that it is almost scary. You guys are willing to GIVE AWAY what has been "trade secrets of tuning" and then take the time to build tutorials and still answer questions to help guys like me who are complete novices at ECM/PCM tuning.

I still haven't gotten my WB02 connected yet (in-laws in town along with other family members, father-in-law has double pnewmomia (sp) in ICU for another 5-10 days), but with what you guys have taught me, I at least know I have a very good chance of tuning my car without creating some new aluminum ashtrays.

I have been writing/editing/proofing Technical Manuals for the Air Force for some 28 years, so I know the effort it takes to write those tutorials, THANKS.

Saying thanks almost seems to trivialize what I have learned here, but it is the least I can do.

Thanks EFILive for creating this forum and thanks to all the contributors for making it come alive.

Lonnie

vetteboy2k
October 7th, 2005, 07:56 AM
lplott,

If you have an LC-1 and need help installing PM me and I will give you my phone number. I believe you have a corvette also, and I can tell you exactly how to hook it up.

SS2win
October 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Yep, I gotta say this is an awesome product :)

BowlingSS
October 7th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Ditto.

Bill

ZL1Killa
October 7th, 2005, 03:53 PM
still learning...still asking questions...and still getting in-depth answers with pictures...

AWESOME!! ...I luv you guys!! haha

gotten used to efi live....my friend has hptuners but i like this better a LOT better.

I'm so used to looking at it and navigating it now its a breeze. And tuning now that I have learned all about SD mode and how to do all that it is a breeze. there is always a learning curve but there are always people that are out there that have done it already, whether or not they will help you out and talk you through how to do yours is up to them and its not often you meet people that want to go through the trouble again and again to help others out with there cars. I thank all on this site for their help to me and help on others; I think it is awesome that we have this site for information and its people. I would also like to add ls1tech into this for information also; that is where i started and that is where i heard about EFI Live..and I then bought it, and damn glad i did

GMPX
October 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys, we appreciate the kind words, we also appreciate the help you give each other, it really is a big task the support side of things, thankfully most questions are handled by our wonderful user base without distracting me and Paul from coming up with new toys :)
I know we sometimes forget to respond to questions or appear to never even look, that is not the case, I for one just get distracted by the 100 other things we need to do on a daily basis.

Cheers,
Ross

mistermike
October 8th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Well, I have to throw my $.02 in here. The product, support, and people are absolutely first rate. Since purchasing EFI Live, I have had the opportunity to use other tools, and EFI Live is definitely the class act in its field. I can say without hesitation that the cost of the package is the best investment I could have made in my car. None of the other modifications would have been able to reach their potential without this essential tool.

joecar
October 8th, 2005, 08:35 AM
...with new toys :)

Yes, thanks to the people that make EFILive what it is, and to all who have contributed and helped us along the way.

And we do like new toys (...is it still a toy if I use it to keep my daily driver running so I can get to/fro work each day...?)

We who have EFILive rule our neighbourhoods (...and the world...);
Saturday morning driveway conversation with neighbour teen:
He: "Dude, what's up...?"
Me: "Not much, mate, just tuning my engine."
He: "Huh...??? Your hood is closed...???"
Me: "Yeah, see this, laptop connected to car."
He: "Wow [eyes open wide, mouth gaping]... Can you do that on my car...?"
I get a kick out of the expressions on their faces.
:D :D :D :D

Blacky
October 8th, 2005, 09:46 AM
He: "Dude, what's up...?"
Me: "Not much, mate, just tuning my engine."

"Dude" <-> "Mate" - nice touch!
You can take the boy out of Aussie but you can't take Aussie out of the boy. :)

Although over here in NZ it's "Bro" instead of "Mate".
Paul