PDA

View Full Version : first tune please pick apart.

smslyguy
July 1st, 2009, 12:58 PM
Here is my first tune woundering if there is anything i can changed or should change on it?? 5727

WeathermanShawn
July 2nd, 2009, 04:03 AM
From just looking at your log it looks very good.

No KR, LTFT's are slightly negative, injectors max out ~71% (good).

My only question would be do you have a wideband?

smslyguy
July 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
I don't have a wideband yet, but it's in the making. No issues at all with this tune. It really woke this car up big time. I am very pleased with it. I still do have the cat protection mode enabled. Would you see this as a problem? Maybe as to why the LTFT are in the -??

WeathermanShawn
July 3rd, 2009, 01:27 AM
No, it is O.K. to have your LTFT's in the negative. Overall, thats more favorable for WOT fueling (no extra fuel added).

As far as COTP enabled, when you get your wideband I would disable it. Under COTP AFR's are ~11.9, way to rich for maximum performance. IMO, as long as you are not doing 3-4 rapid-fire WOT of >15 seconds, your cats will be 'fine'.

I believe the Commanded Fuel Pid GM AFR does not reflect when COTP is being utilized. Just a F.Y.I., as your log on GM AFR indicates.

With no KR, and the rest of your tune looking good I seriously doubt you are running lean. The wideband would just give you the confidence of a having the AFR at WOT that you want. Disabling COTP will give you a a even nicer WOT pull.

joecar
July 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
We have seem some evidence that COTP does show up sometimes in the commanded AFR... yeah, it confused me... the cats should be fine with COTP disabled unless you're doing extended period WOT pulls.

TFZ_Z06
July 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Here is my first tune woundering if there is anything i can changed or should change on it?? 5727

At 02 sensor readings consistently around 905mv, I ran around 12.7:1 AFR consistently with my stock Z06 and airbox. At slightly above 890mv, I found the car pulled real hard. I settled with around 905-911. At less than 890mv, I found a slightly lean mix.

Your tune looks good, but I would recommend you consider a slightly richer mix on top.

smslyguy
July 12th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I have noticed now with the temps in the 80's that i do have some kr a lower underload speeds with this tune. but as long as i don't "bog" the motor down and i keep the rpm's up i don't incure any kr. Would you see this as a problem having knock or should i get reduce the timing in the lower rpm's? I have attached another run without cat protection inabled and also at a warmer temp.

smslyguy
July 12th, 2009, 12:15 AM
At 02 sensor readings consistently around 905mv, I ran around 12.7:1 AFR consistently with my stock Z06 and airbox. At slightly above 890mv, I found the car pulled real hard. I settled with around 905-911. At less than 890mv, I found a slightly lean mix.

Your tune looks good, but I would recommend you consider a slightly richer mix on top.

at what a.f.r would you recomend on top end?