PDA

View Full Version : 7.3.0 Patch 10 Logging Problems?

BowlingSS
October 7th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I noticed a problem today looking at my log file from the drive home. My DashBoard and Data showed .5 of KR. When I look at my KR map it showed all 0.00 in all cells in the MAX/Min/Average view. Has anyone seen this before? I saw it last week but did not see it in the KR MAP.

Bill

Black02SS
October 7th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Can you email your log?

black02ss@gmail.com

BowlingSS
October 7th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Can you email your log?

black02ss@gmail.com

Log file sent.

Thanks,
Bill

Black02SS
October 7th, 2005, 09:39 AM
I don't see any KR in this log at all......

BowlingSS
October 7th, 2005, 10:05 AM
That is really funny. I loaded the log file on my desktop and do not see any at all but my notebook does show some.
I ran the log file as I was looking at the dashboard and now the KR is gone.

Bill

Black02SS
October 7th, 2005, 10:09 AM
is it gone on both computers? What OS is on the computers? XP, W2K

BowlingSS
October 7th, 2005, 10:13 AM
is it gone on both computers? What OS is on the computers? XP, W2K

It is gone on both. I never did see it on my desktop. My Desktop has XP Pro w/SP2 and my notebook also has XP Pro but with SP1.

I saw the same thing a few days ago. I will look at some of my old log files.

Bill

Black02SS
October 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Spooky stuff there Bill. :lol: At least you took care of the KR problem you had. :)

curtbriggs
October 10th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Maybe logging frames per second is too slow to log a KR. I've seen the same thing.

Curt

Black02SS
October 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe logging frames per second is too slow to log a KR. I've seen the same thing.

Curt

If you log 1 FPS I "might" see this. But normally we average 10FPS and I feel this is enough time to see if any KR occurs.

Blacky
October 10th, 2005, 09:40 PM
If you "see" it on the charts during logging it wil be logged in the log file.

When you say there is no knock, are you just checking visually? That may miss frames because of a "wide angle" magnification level or even different vertical scale on the Y-axis.

To absolutely determine if there was any knock, highlight the entire log and check the min/max values for knock.
To highlight the entire log, select the [zoom all] button and then click and hold the left mouse button, while dragging it over the entire chart. Start to the left of the leftmost frame to make sure you start selection at frame 0.

Or just look on the [Data (F9)] tab page at the min/max/avg values for knock when no data is selected in the charts. When no data is selected, EFILive will display the min/max/avg for the entire log file.

Regards
Paul