PDA

View Full Version : DSP Output definition

killerbee
July 2nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Ross

Would it be possible to add to it (again) in the next update? Some of us want to restrict the DSP output signal to only one DSP position, for example. Is it possible to logic that in? 1,2,3,4,All

Would love it also if IAT min/max was added. Help prevent people from icing up their turbo's, :shock: etc.

THANKS!!!

GMPX
July 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
I'll have to think about a nice way to implement that, currently of course it only checks for non DSP and DSP {A0015}.

I have changed the output control parameters to this -

{A0115} DSP Output Enable, DSP Only
{A0116} DSP Output A/C Enable
{A0117} DSP Output RPM Enable
{A0118} DSP Output RPM Disable
{A0119} DSP Output Boost Enable
{A0120} DSP Output Boost Disable
{A0121} DSP Output Coolant Enable
{A0122} DSP Output Coolant Disable
{A0123} DSP Output Max Speed
{A0124} DSP Output Min Run Time

Confirmed working on at least one truck.
Icing up the turbo, makes me think of a Top Alcohol dragster on a cold night.

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
July 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
The IAT is actually for water injection. It is a key parameter for dosing and for estimating saturation. One of the more effective ways of inhibiting injection to save fluid.

On the other detail, the idea is that meth or nitrous could only be used for the specific DSP tune that is built for it.

jimter
July 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
2X :sly:

GMPX
July 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
No problem, I can add IAT in the same as the other enable/disable parameters, better to say something now, I've only done one OS for testing so far.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
July 5th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I looked at doing the Output vs DSP number, it gets messy.
First thing, there is time constraints on the CPU, we are adding in an additional function for it to perform within a very specific time frame, I don't want to risk the CPU not completing the DSP Output task by making it do too much.
However, that is not the main issue. The DSP tunes are tracked in the ECM memory as real numbers, 0,1,2,3,4. If you want the output to only come on using Say Tune 0 & 3 it makes it rather messy to handle in the checking routines.

If the DSP tracking was a bit select then it would be easy, but I am not about to change that at this late stage because I would have to rewrite everything. Besides, it was done the current way for ease of tune selection in the code.

Oh well, you got the IAT at least!

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
July 5th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks, understand.!