PDA

View Full Version : LC1/Flashscan voltage question..

Chris81
October 7th, 2005, 08:05 AM
when you go into the LC1 software to setup the voltage on analog 2 out for flashscan, what is the correct voltage per AFR?

is it:

.5 volts = 10 AFR
4.5 volts = 18 AFR

I got those numbers from a write up on here I believe.

I have a problem getting flashscan to read the same AFR as the gauge I have.. the gauge would show 14.5-15.5 AFR at idle and flashscan is showing 15.5-16.5 AFR at idle..

I'm about 99% sure the gauge is right, it was setup by Dynotune as a direct plug in.. the factors for it were 1 volt = 10 AFR and 2 volts = 20 AFR, I had to change it to run the LC1 with flashscan.. but, are the voltages correct?

Dirk Diggler
October 7th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Verify your formula is AFR=V*2+9

Blacky
October 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM
EFILive's default settings for the LC-1 are:
AFR = V*3+7.35

Setting the LC-1's analog 2 to factory defaults should match these settings.
If not, the settings are:

0.88333 Volt at AFR 10
4.21667 Volt at AFR 20

Regards
Paul

SSpdDmon
October 7th, 2005, 11:56 AM
when you go into the LC1 software to setup the voltage on analog 2 out for flashscan, what is the correct voltage per AFR?

is it:

.5 volts = 10 AFR
4.5 volts = 18 AFR

I got those numbers from a write up on here I believe.

I have a problem getting flashscan to read the same AFR as the gauge I have.. the gauge would show 14.5-15.5 AFR at idle and flashscan is showing 15.5-16.5 AFR at idle..

I'm about 99% sure the gauge is right, it was setup by Dynotune as a direct plug in.. the factors for it were 1 volt = 10 AFR and 2 volts = 20 AFR, I had to change it to run the LC1 with flashscan.. but, are the voltages correct?

At the time, there was an issue with the LC1 calculation in the scanner. Rather than explaining how to create a new calculated PID, I suggested that we reprogram the LC1 (with the software that came with it) to act like a Tech-Edge wideband. In that case, yes....0.5=10 and 4.5=18. Then, you just select the Tech Edge PIDs.

Chris81
October 9th, 2005, 08:52 AM
EFILive's default settings for the LC-1 are:
AFR = V*3+7.35

Setting the LC-1's analog 2 to factory defaults should match these settings.
If not, the settings are:

0.88333 Volt at AFR 10
4.21667 Volt at AFR 20

Regards
Paul

This worked perfect.. The issue was that the Dynotune gauge needed different voltage than Flashscan, so all I have to do now is switch the voltages back and forth.

Thanks Paul

Blacky
October 9th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Probably easier to change the EFILive config file and not have to change anything when you swap over.

What are the settings required by the Dynotune gauge? I can show you how to alter EFILive to use the same values.

Paul

Chris81
October 10th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Probably easier to change the EFILive config file and not have to change anything when you swap over.

What are the settings required by the Dynotune gauge? I can show you how to alter EFILive to use the same values.

Paul

Paul, the Dynotune gauge needs this voltage to work:

1.00 volt - 10 AFR
2.00 volts - 20 AFR

Black02SS
October 11th, 2005, 12:00 AM

Paul

Paul, the Dynotune gauge needs this voltage to work:

1.00 volt - 10 AFR
2.00 volts - 20 AFR

According to that, if you set the LC1 to represent the same voltages, the forumla would be AFR=V*10

calc_pids.txt file for the above formula

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

# LC1 DynoTune (Custom PID)
# ========================
*CLC-00-000
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*10"

*CLC-00-001
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "({EXT.AD1}*10)/{GM.AFR}"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------
CALC.AFR_LC1DynoTune F000 CLC-00-000 "AFR" External "LC1 (Dynotune) AFR"
CALC.BEN_LC1DynoTune F001 CLC-00-001 factor Fuel "Base Efficiency Numerator - LC1(DynoTune)"

I think this would work...

vetteboy2k
October 11th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Only problem I see with the Dynotune gauge needing 1.00 volt - 10 AFR
2.00 volts - 20 is that your cutting out alot of the usable voltage range to read your AFR in EFILive.

Black02SS
October 11th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Only problem I see with the Dynotune gauge needing 1.00 volt - 10 AFR
2.00 volts - 20 is that your cutting out alot of the usable voltage range to read your AFR in EFILive.

How is that? The voltages would still show 1.1, 1.25, and show the correct AFR. All you are doing is changing the way the output voltge corresponds to actual voltage.

Blacky
October 11th, 2005, 10:01 AM
The resolution of the 10 bit A/D converters in FlashScan are 4.88mv per bit.

If FlashScan is only measuring a 1 volt range then it can only detect around
1000mV/4.88mv ~ 200 distinct values. The AFR accuracy will be limited to 10AFR/200 = 0.05AFR
Which is borderline accuracy if you want to read AFR to 1 decimal place.

If FlashScan is measuring a 5 volt range then it can detect around
5000mV/4.88mV ~ 1000 distinct values. The AFR accuracy will be limited to 10AFR/1000 = 0.001AFR

Regards
Paul