PDA

View Full Version : My 1st tune what do you think?

shadyst
July 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Heres my 1st tune on my 99 camaro ls1 auto. Anything u see that could help me out please let me know. I have LT headers 3400 stall 3.46 gears and lid. I still cant break out of the 13s in the 1/4 so if any changes you know of that would give a lil extra like timing or whatever thatd be great!

tatasta
July 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Are you running 275/40/17 rear tires? Just curious. Can you post up a good log file? I would like to see one if available. Your VSS upshift/downshift and the relation to the upshift by rpm don't appear that they would work well together. I understand setting VSS low and depending on rpm for WOT shifts but it screws your part throttle points.

VE table looks like it needs to be dialed in. Values beyond 5200 rpm should not stay the same because they simply are not. VE should be accurate after "peak" areas as well as up to them. Check out the AutoVE tutorials and threads.

WOT AFR settings seem to be inconsistent.

Joecar or another will likely jump in here and help out a bit more.

Have fun with it!!

shadyst
July 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
yes i have those tires on the rear im running the c5 wheels with Hoosier street slicks. my shifts seem to work great except my 1st to 2nd shift is at 5600 the rest are right at 6k, and sry to be noobish but whats a log file?

tatasta
July 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Hello,

By log file i mean do you have a record of a drive made with the scan tool. Once you build or edit your tune, you configure the scan tool to monitor and record, in real time, how your car/truck reacts/responds to the changes you have made.

I attached a log file to look over.

johnv
July 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Do you have a wideband ?

You are commanding 11.7 afr in PE B3618 should be closer to 12.8-13.0.

VE table needs to be dialed in with the auto VE process to get your actual AFR to follow cammanded AFR.

Still some torque reduction in there, could zerrow out B1902.

And get rid of the abuse management B1201 - B1208

Timing tabe looks like its pretty flat 28* across the boards, you seeing any knock retart ?

shadyst
July 5th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks much for the tips so far,I dont have a wideband, and i havent touched any of the mixture tables yet cause i have no clue what i would even change mixture wise yet. As for timing havent touched that either all the tunes ive looked at to help me with changing timing are all nitrous cars so i havent found any tunes i could go off of.

johnv
July 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Okay i wouldn't be altering any of the fueling tables until you invest in a wideband, but going by the tune file posted you are probably rich on the top end so there should be some power gains to be had:)