PDA

View Full Version : question?

relentless addiction
July 5th, 2009, 05:00 AM
ok i have a 2000 silverado 2500 with the 6.0 lq4...
i read my pcm as a 99-08 ls1, but when i go to reflash it will iniatialize through all 4 steps but then is kicked out and pcm goes to an unknown state.
i then did all the neccesary step to unhook the controller and watch the scan tool on the laptop and even it couldn't connect..
after trying to start several time to no avail would crank, and thats it. after going through gm books and internet surfing for a half hour i went to it and it started up with zero problems.
i dont understand, your help would be greatly appreciated and helping me reflash would be great this gas tuning is knew to me, im a diesel tuner and have never had this problem.

thanks

joecar
July 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
You successfully read the flash into a file...? Post the file here.

Also post the text log that results when you try to flash.

Blacky
July 5th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Just for your info, the reason you saw those symptoms is that when EFILive attempts to reflash your controller it temporarily loads its own software (called a bootloader) that takes control of the PCM. If the reflash process fails unexpectedly, the bootloader continues to run for a number of minutes to allow FlashScan time to try and recover from the failure. While the bootloader is running your PCM cannot start or run the engine - but it will crank. Eventually the bootloader times out and hands back control to your PCM.

As to why it is failing...
Can you please make sure you have the latest V7 EFILive software (V7.5.5 build 88)
Also make sure your FlashScan (if it is a V2) has the latest firmware (V2.6.12) available as part of the V8 software.

Both V7 and V8 are available here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Regards
Paul

gmh308
July 6th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Just for your info, the reason you saw those symptoms is that when EFILive attempts to reflash your controller it temporarily loads its own software (called a bootloader) that takes control of the PCM. If the reflash process fails unexpectedly, the bootloader continues to run for a number of minutes to allow FlashScan time to try and recover from the failure. While the bootloader is running your PCM cannot start or run the engine - but it will crank. Eventually the bootloader times out and hands back control to your PCM.

As to why it is failing...
Can you please make sure you have the latest V7 EFILive software (V7.5.5 build 88)
Also make sure your FlashScan (if it is a V2) has the latest firmware (V2.6.12) available as part of the V8 software.

Both V7 and V8 are available here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Regards
Paul

Is the bootloader also used on E38's Paul? And do they do the timeout thing?