PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Smoke

killerbee
July 9th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I hit my fueling out of the ballpark finally, now I need to limit smoke.

It does not appear that the "South Pacific" boys have uncovered any MAF fuel limitation tables like the delphi had (LLY B0751).

Ross, do you think it is in there somewhere?

Anyone else figured out a way to limit smoke, especially during the spool interval?

bballer182
July 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM
One thing that will help is dialing in your vanes to specific tune. another that would help is removing some of the commanded mm3 from a specific rpm and tps ranges (B1102) where you know it smokes. And or try adding a little boost to that area as well. It's nice to have the VVT....

LBZoom
July 10th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah I agree with dialing in the vanes, I hadn't had a chance to dial them in on that tune that I sent you Michael, but it's only a reductin it smoke it won't eliminate it. I've found that bumping the timing a little more will also help.

killerbee
July 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I am not using your tune, but did reap the benefits of finding my fueling limit, so thanks very much.

Most of the problem I see from the logs, is rail pressure falling off, the usual. You get these loooong pulse durations, and it is obviously getting fuel 60 ATDC.

Still, it would be nice to have a MAF fuel (or similar) table.

I guess you are pointing to vane tuning to speed up the spoolup? It's not too bad right now.

LBZoom
July 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM
No problem man, Yeah I need to make some mods to fuel pressure and see what can be done....I know you commented on the D-max fuel pressure before and said it was a refinement nightmare, but what is you take on the LBZ pressure tables? Just curious

killerbee
July 10th, 2009, 02:18 AM
My opinion was those were worse than the earlier models (refinement only).

I started with my LLY tables and am tweaking it some, and adapting them to 180 mPa.

killerbee
July 10th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I take that back, partially. The lower pressure of part-throttle bosch is more appropriate than the delphi stock rail pressure.

IMO