PDA

View Full Version : I need some fresh minds

joik307
July 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys I need some fresh minds to look at my tune. It started as a Mail order tune and im bin tweeking it. It shows some knock but I dont hear no knock. I command 12,60 at wot but wideband tells me im around 11.XX Anything u see that could help me out please let me know

My Setup
1998 Pontiac Trans Am. M6.
PRC Stage 1.0 LS6 CNC Ported Heads
Texas Speed & Performance 233/239 Camshaft: 233/239,.595/.603, 113 LSA
ASP Crank Pulley
SLP Air-Box Lid
LS-6 Intake Manifold
MAC midlength headers with offroad y pipe (No cats)
SLP dual-dual Exhaust System

4.10 gears

Thanks
Johann

dfe1
July 12th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Short on time at the moment, so I haven't looked at your files. Couple of ideas- if you don't have converter overtemp protection turned off, that could be the cause of your commanded/wide band AFR mismatch. Not all knock is audible. In many instances, knock retard becomes act long before you hear knock. If you think you're getting knock retard because of other engine noises, change the knock retard setting so that it only pulls 1/2 degree max. Then, drive the car and see if you hear any knock. If you data log it and don't hear any knock, but see that the system is pulling 1/2 a degree, it's a pretty good bet that valve train noise or some other mechanical sound is causing the knock retard. If you do hear knock, then you know the knock retard system is doing it's job properly during your previous logging sessions.

joik307
July 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Short on time at the moment, so I haven't looked at your files. Couple of ideas- if you don't have converter overtemp protection turned off, that could be the cause of your commanded/wide band AFR mismatch. Not all knock is audible. In many instances, knock retard becomes act long before you hear knock. If you think you're getting knock retard because of other engine noises, change the knock retard setting so that it only pulls 1/2 degree max. Then, drive the car and see if you hear any knock. If you data log it and don't hear any knock, but see that the system is pulling 1/2 a degree, it's a pretty good bet that valve train noise or some other mechanical sound is causing the knock retard. If you do hear knock, then you know the knock retard system is doing it's job properly during your previous logging sessions.

Hi
Cat converter overtemp protection is set to Disable.
I will change this to night and log for some KR.
Thanks
Johann

joecar
July 13th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Johann, welcome to the forum...:cheers:...where are your located...?

TAQuickness
July 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Johann

joik307
July 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Johann, welcome to the forum...:cheers:...where are your located...?

Thanks Joecar
Im located in Iceland

joik307
July 14th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum Johann

Thanks TAQuickness