PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about a table

azzhauler
July 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I've been messing with my tune a bit recently and stumbled upon table B5908 Fuel Mixture Spark Correction. I was just wondering why this table even exists? Seems to me it couldn't do a whole lot that can't be done in the regular spark tables. Has anyone ever touched this table? I noticed I was getting an extra 3 degrees of timing that I couldn't find until I got here.

5.7ute
July 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I've been messing with my tune a bit recently and stumbled upon table B5908 Fuel Mixture Spark Correction. I was just wondering why this table even exists? Seems to me it couldn't do a whole lot that can't be done in the regular spark tables. Has anyone ever touched this table? I noticed I was getting an extra 3 degrees of timing that I couldn't find until I got here.

I havent played with this table yet but it makes a lot of sense to have it. Using the basic timing tables we can only adjust the timing for a given airmass per cylinder/RPM point. Under normal driving conditions we would be using one timing value for the airmass/AFR we are commanding for that cell. However if PE is enabled we would have a richer airmass for the same timing cell when we may want to advance or retard timing to get the best results.