PDA

View Full Version : Error with playing back Torque Limited Injection Quantity

turbo_bu
July 11th, 2009, 01:15 PM
EFI Live Version - latest 7.5.5 build 88
Logging using BBL on V2

Vehicle - '04 LB7 Duramax with 5 speed Allison
OS = 15189044 (am running DSP 5, not sure if that is part of the problem)

Problem - When playing back logged data using EFI Live Scan Tool, the data does not match the table labels in EFI Live Tune for the Torque Limited Injection Quantity table {B0741}.

I recently logged some data and was trying to see what was going on with my defuel for my truck. I added the DMAX_TRQ_DMA to my options file and uploaded it to my V2. Everything logged just fine. Got home, and played back the data to see what was going on. First had to update the cal_link since the B0741.COL was not setup ... no biggie. Now I play back the data and it appears that the columns (RPM) are fine, but the rows are off. The highlighted cells move just fine, but if the DMAX_TRQ_DMA is say 943 N*M, (I do all my logging in metric to avoid confusion), the row that gets highlighted is the 750 N*M row. Looking at the table, it should be the 1000 N*M row or at least the 875 N*M row. Nope, it's stuck on the 750 row. Scroll through some more data, say 600 N*M for DMAX_TRQ_DMA, nope, it's at 500 N*M not 625. 536 N*M logged = 375 N*M row on the B0741 table.

I went ahead and tried to reverse engineer what the row values should be, maybe someone else can verify and/or let me know why this is happening.

As always, if you need a copy of the log or screen shots, let me know.

Thanks,

turbo_bu
July 27th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Not sure if I am the only one seeing this or not, but here's a screen shot of what I am experiencing. Hopefully Paul or Ross can comment on this.

DmaxHawk
July 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Are your units the same? (ft/lbs / Nm)

joecar
July 28th, 2009, 01:45 AM
In the scantool under the Data tab, what are the units for that pid...?

Are the units the same as those show on that table in the tunetool (as DmaxHawk said)...?

turbo_bu
July 28th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Yes, the units are the same. I logged the data in metric (N*M) and have the tables set up in EFI Live Tune and Scan showing metric (N*M).

Blacky
July 28th, 2009, 06:42 AM
697Nm is actually 514ftlbs so it looks like the scan tool is sending the torque in ftlbs.

The units displayed in the scan tool charts are not the units that are sent to the tuning tool maps. The units in the charts are for display purposes only. Those chart units can be changed at any time without affecting the data sent to the tuning tool.

Check (and correct if necessary) the units in the [Data F9] tab page. Right click on the PID and select metric or imperial to change the units to match the units in the axis of the tuning tool map.

Regards
Paul

turbo_bu
July 30th, 2009, 03:33 AM
697Nm is actually 514ftlbs so it looks like the scan tool is sending the torque in ftlbs.

The units displayed in the scan tool charts are not the units that are sent to the tuning tool maps. The units in the charts are for display purposes only. Those chart units can be changed at any time without affecting the data sent to the tuning tool.

Check (and correct if necessary) the units in the [Data F9] tab page. Right click on the PID and select metric or imperial to change the units to match the units in the axis of the tuning tool map.

Regards
Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the info. Yes, that fixed it.

Darren