PDA

View Full Version : locking/unlocking issues

killerbee
July 13th, 2009, 01:47 AM
LBZ

What causes this message? Had it happen a few months ago on an LB7 (I think) also.

Cannot lock it, even after check status.

Cougar281
July 13th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I'm pretty sure the LBZ ECM's can't be locked, hence that message. There was a table in the LBZ/LMM tunes that when enabled, would prevent the ECM from being read, but for some reason, I can't find it now :confused:

killerbee
July 13th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I found the patch. Thanks, I will try it.

Cougar281
July 13th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I found the patch. Thanks, I will try it.

Am I blind, dumb, or both? I KNOW I've seen it; It was a red folder, but I can't find it in any of the LBZ/LMM tunes I have, and I'm running 7.5.5 build 88...

killerbee
July 13th, 2009, 03:03 AM
"To apply / disable the lock you need to have the V2 plugged in to the USB port before you start the tuning tool. Once the file is opened then you can find the section "Operating System Patches" in the Engine Operation section, B9901.".

Neetly hidden :)

Thanks Ross!

Cougar281
July 13th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Ahhh.... That explains it. Thanks!

bballer182
July 13th, 2009, 10:47 AM
"To apply / disable the lock you need to have the V2 plugged in to the USB port before you start the tuning tool. Once the file is opened then you can find the section "Operating System Patches" in the Engine Operation section, B9901.".

Neetly hidden :)

Thanks Ross!

Uh, yeah i stumbled upon that a few months back when we were doing some AC beta stuff and i thought i had accidentally come across CVN patching:shock:. Turns out its just the patch that doesn't allow it to be read out. HOWEVER, the ecm CAN be written over. I asked the question too, why it was only available while the V2 was plugged in? I guess it kind of keeps the option for that on the DL from people/organizations who do not own EFI?! Question was never answered.

GMPX
July 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I asked the question too, why it was only available while the V2 was plugged in? I guess it kind of keeps the option for that on the DL from people/organizations who do not own EFI?! Question was never answered.Correct, if some other company wants to copy us they can pay for the privilege (well, once at least), I think we are the only company that offers any form of tuning protection for the Bosch ECM so it made sense to do something like that.

Cheers,
Ross