PDA

View Full Version : Christmas wish list

killerbee
July 13th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Really enjoying the Bosch, with the exception of one thing: smoke control.

Hoping I can help inspire the powers to fish out a MAF Fuel limiting table, similar to that found on the Delphi.

Christmas in July would be fine also.

Thanks guys, and thanks for the best tuning suite in the industry.

bballer182
July 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Read the last two post in this thread

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9987&page=3

BTW I've been asking for this table for a looonnnnggggg time.

I think that it would be helpful to Ross to provide him with logs to prove that it is there.

The best way to do that would be to make a tune that has a maxxed out TQ based fuel table and like 80% and above and same for the TQ request for the same tps. Set the fuel pressure at a constant that would be viable for the entire rpm range like 20,000psi. Set boost to come on late so that the RPM's can come up before the MAF flow rate would allow the fuel to hit, if the Maf limiting table exists.

you know what i mean?

I need to do the same thing with the PTO limiting table. I do know that one is there i just haven't logged it for him to find yet.

GMPX
July 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I fell in to the trap of thinking of the Bosch as a modified Delphi ECM, just because one has a function does not mean the other does. I will see what I can find, but don't assume they all operate the same.

rcr1978
July 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM
The LMM has the mixture limit table that is almost the same B0795

bballer182
July 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I fell in to the trap of thinking of the Bosch as a modified Delphi ECM, just because one has a function does not mean the other does. I will see what I can find, but don't assume they all operate the same.

That's kind of what i was hinting at. Either proving or disproving the theory that a MAF limiting tables exists by means of using the truck to do so. Since we don't have access or the know how to do so with the ECM it self. :)

killerbee
July 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ross, I would be glad to help in any way. Whenever you need.

JoshH
July 13th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I started a thread asking about this a while ago: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9368

killerbee
July 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
bump

killerbee
July 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Add to this short list, a means of adjusting DIC economy. :)

bballer182
July 26th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Add to this short list, a means of adjusting DIC economy. :)

Never gunna happen...

A little reading in dieselplace's efi forum reveals that the DIC economy is calculated in the BCM which EFI has no intention of supporting that controller.

GMPX
July 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm not 100% sure on that, but then I don't know exactly how the ECM calculates it. I am pretty sure the fuel usage message is sent from the ECM.