PDA

View Full Version : PCMforLess chip mod??

gadgetball
July 15th, 2009, 05:12 AM
What I am wondering is this: If I'm looking to open up the full potential of my truck, do I need to have my ECM chip remodded from PCMforLess, or will EFILive do everything PCMforLess could do?
Not wanting to mess with EFILive myself, so found a local shop that is gonna work with me. Problem is its sorta pricey - $600. PCMforLess chip mod is $200. is that $200 just a waste of money since I'm doing EFILive? Or will the chip mod be necessary/be beneficial before hooking my truck up to EFILive?

PCMforLess (though I'm sure you already know what they do) is gonna change air/fuel ratios, shift patterns/shift firmness (i chose level 3), remove speed limiter, etc. they also asked what mods ive done

2006 TB LT 4.2 I6 4x4
Magnaflow exhaust and cat with 3" piping throughout
K&N series 53 CAI
currently 275/45/20 (stock was 245/65/17)
E3 spark plugs and TB has just been cleaned
BellTech 3/4 lowered
80K miles

Thanks for any help as to whether I should or should not spend the $200 on PCMforLess chip mod. Am DEFINITELY doing EFILive regardless.

mistermike
July 16th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Don't waste your money on a canned tune if you're planning to do your own tuning. Invest that money in a wideband O2 sensor.

wait4me
July 16th, 2009, 02:01 AM
If you shop around on your efilive purchase, some of the resellers offer free starter tunes to give you an idea of what to change on your vehicle to make it the best it can be.

wpage
January 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Anyone know efi resellers that have stock tunes for 3.5 I 5 4auto?