PDA

View Full Version : mapping question please help

Dark Halo
July 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I am starting to understand a little more in efi live but the whole mapping for main ve an afr is not working for me. It is not showing up as afr in the map. I have done everything the tutorials said and even tried opening factory stored afr mas and still no go.I have set the tune tool to show afr and map is set to kpa, what could I be doing wrong?

GAMEOVER
July 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Post up your tune...

Dark Halo
July 15th, 2009, 12:46 PM
here is the log and the new tune. the only things changed in the tune were o2 codes and knock sensors.

67SS509
July 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Here is your log with how I would set up the Ben map. Also, when doing Autove on trucks you have to disable B4206 (not shown in tutorial).

Dark Halo
July 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Here is your log with how I would set up the Ben map. Also, when doing Autove on trucks you have to disable B4206 (not shown in tutorial).

sorry if I sound stupid but I thought the map was going to read in afr?

mr.prick
July 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM
What sensor do you have?
Is it selected in the map?

Dark Halo
July 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM
lc-1 and yes it is selected

mr.prick
July 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Is the map all zeros or blank?
If all zeros then you need to check the map properties for the right PIDs:
Data> AFR_LC11
Column> SAE.MAP (kPa/PSI)
Row> SAE.RPM
if blank check to see if you are hiding the cells with low count.
I opened the log and there is data there.

Dark Halo
July 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM
It has to be something in my setting but I just don't know what. Even the ones that are set from the factory do not show right. Any idea what setting maybe screwed up?

kwhiteside
July 16th, 2009, 02:09 AM
You can look at your maps in different ways. See the pics below. You can see the AFR by selecting the AFR PID, but to tweak you tables, you use the BEN map and it displays in a percentage format, usually between .98 and 1.02, minor tweaks. You then copy those percentage values and do a "paste and multiply values" into your tun table.

Hope that helps some.

mr.prick
July 16th, 2009, 02:46 AM
If the name of the map has a line thru it then
the PID selected for data is not selected or valid.

If the PID(s) in the column/row in the blue border of the map has a line thru it then
those PID(s) are not selected or valid.

Dark Halo
July 16th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I think I got it for now. when I hot the icon to show max and min it showed up in afr