PDA

View Full Version : Coolant based fueling

Highlander
July 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Is there a table that affects fueling based on MAF or anything else???

I am not talking about commanded fueling. But the actual AFR's seen from the wideband.

I have noticed that when the car heats quite a bit more than normal (the tuned in temps)the BENs go haywire. IATs are pretty much where they should be. Car gets rich at higher ECTs.

Is there an ECT referenced table modifier that we don't have access to? Or is this just B4901 out of whack?

Thanks

macca_779
July 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
If your IAT's are consistant then you are in good shape to massage the charge temp blending to be more ECT biased. Personally I've never found the need to. But that is where I would be looking if I was sure it was ECT caused not IAT caused.

Highlander
July 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Still.. there is no factor table for IAT fueling... All you have is an adder on the PE for both...

On road racing... car gets from 11.9-12.3 AFR. When it "cools" down it will do it's commanded AFR

macca_779
July 20th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Still.. there is no factor table for IAT fueling... All you have is an adder on the PE for both...

On road racing... car gets from 11.9-12.3 AFR. When it "cools" down it will do it's commanded AFR

In the Custom OS's there is. I wouldn't run SD without it.

Highlander
July 20th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Yeap, but this is maf based fueling.