PDA

View Full Version : Page 13 in the AutoVE Tuning guide.

waterbug1999
July 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Am I suppose to leave C2901, C2902, C2903 at "1"? They were at 1400, 1400, and 6.

And (C6002) P0101, P0102, P0103 suppose to leave it to "no mill"? Those were all "mil".

Not sure what those do but they stay the same, just wondering.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 05:16 AM
ok. thanks,

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 06:21 AM
C2901, C2902, C2903 at "1" = MAF "off"
P0101, P0102, P0103 to "no mill" = No DTC light because MAF is "off"

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 07:08 AM
C2901, C2902, C2903 at "1" = MAF "off"
P0101, P0102, P0103 to "no mill" = No DTC light because MAF is "off"

So, what should I put those to?

On the AutoVE tuning guide, it had me change those settings.. Then, on page 13 "returning it back from SD tune", it says to put those to 1,1,1 and NO MIL but its the same as it was when doing the autotuning.

Just seeing if this would cause me to go way lean after about ~5 secs after WOT.

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Am I suppose to leave C2901, C2902, C2903 at "1"? They were at 1400, 1400, and 6.

And (C6002) P0101, P0102, P0103 suppose to leave it to "no mill"? Those were all "mil".

Not sure what those do but they stay the same, just wondering.

This will leave you in SD, either open loop or closed loop.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Im just as confused as shit... I followed the dang tutorial, set up all the parameters, got some data, transferred the data (still had some spikes on the table but smoothed it out).

Then on page 13 it says to retrun the PCM to speed density. Wasnt I all ready in Speed density?

So, I ran WOT with it in SD then? My WB02 went way lean like up in the 60-70 range. I did order a new WB02 to see if its going out.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11388

Should I change those values back to where they were originally?

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
SD = no MAF
OL = no LTFT
CL = LTFT

MAF can be use in OL and CL.
The "tutorial" :rolleyes: tells you after tuning in OLSD,
enable LTFTs (CLSD) and check that LTFTs are between 0% and -5%.
This will not happen period.
If you want LTFTs between 0% and -5% then tune with them and
use your WBO2 for WOT.
It sounds like you may need a new O2 sensor.
With the LC-1 when a sensor goes bad you can see
unreasonable AFR under load when you know it should not be or
it may get Error 8.
If AFR at WOT was really that lean you would know it. :hihi:
If the car pulls and does not miss or get KR most likely the sensor is shot.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
SD = no MAF
OL = no LTFT
CL = LTFT

use your WBO2 for WOT.
It sounds like you may need a new O2 sensor.
it may get Error 8.

Ill admit (and im sure you can tell), I am having a really hard time trying to understand everything. Ive read and read and read and still sometimes I cant make sense of things.

I thought I was in the SD tune to get data and then just transfrerring it into another VE Table that I would use for my "normal" tune to help the car run better.

I was stumped and thought that I should put those back to MIL and 1400? Or, do I leave it the way page 13 says? Thats the way I have it, so its not using the MAF then right?

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
If you want the MAF back on change the MAF stuff back to stock.
IIRC
The tutorial says nothing about turning the MAF back on just using OLSD and CLSD.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Well, my MAF and IFR's were hosed up bad... I fixed those and I thought I had to do the AutoVE tuning to fix other parts.

Id rather run it with the MAF so I dont have to adjust it all the time... So, all teh data I gathered the other day is useless with if I use the MAF?

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 01:31 PM
SD = no MAF
OL = no LTFT
CL = LTFT

use your WBO2 for WOT.It sounds like you may need a new O2 sensor.
it may get Error 8.

For the 0 to -5% on the long fuel trims, what rpms should I look at?

Here is at a 55 HWY speed... So, why is one at -6.2 and the other one at -.8? How can you get those closer together?

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/waterbug199/LTFT.jpg

And suppose I go to the track and temps are different, thats going to mess with my AF right? How would I adjust it?

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
bank1 and bank2 LTFTs will be off from each other,
that is a fact of life with the LS1.
Reset them before logging and drive for a while, LTFTs take a little time to settle
Tuning with LTFTs and WBO2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=98738&postcount=14)
Use the average LTFT of both banks.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 03:15 PM
bank1 and bank2 LTFTs will be off from each other,
that is a fact of life with the LS1.
Reset them before logging and drive for a while, LTFTs take a little time to settle
Tuning with LTFTs and WBO2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=98738&postcount=14)
Use the average LTFT of both banks.

Ill change the 02 out on that side to see if it will help get closer to 0, its the same side where I have my WB02, maybe both are on its way out since its the same side.. I have another WB02 on its way. How would you reset your LTFT?

So, what is the pros to all this.. I mean is it suppose to net more power, easier to adjust, etc?? On a SD tune, how far off does your tune go, AF wise, when the weather changes?

There are sometimes I go to the track and in the morning its 50* out, so if I tuned the car in 80* weather will that cause my tune to be wacked? If so, do I just add some percentage to B0101 to lean it out?

I think I am going to leave it in SD and give it a try.. The car pulled really hard until I let out of it due to me seeing 60 on my AF gauge.

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Reset LTFTs with the scan tool. SHFT+CTRL+F2
Pro apposed to what?
OLSD has none IMO.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Reset LTFTs with the scan tool. SHFT+CTRL+F2
Pro apposed to what?
OLSD has none IMO.

To reset it wouldnt you have to load up the same tune so it starts "learning" from scratch? From what I understand what your saying will be the same as just opening up another log, youll still get the same LTFT's.

Uggg, which way should I try to dial in the car then, am I just wasting my time woth OLSD?

Im wannting to get the car dialed in down low for driveability.. It wants to die (but will catch itself) when I have to stop pretty quick.. From what you guys have told me I have to do all this 1st before I try the idle tuning so I might as well do it right. Why do it OLSD then?

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM
You can do RAFIG at any time and you can manually reset LTFTs without reflashing.

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 04:35 PM
You can do RAFIG at any time and you can manually reset LTFTs without reflashing.

Ok, now what is this RAFIG you speak off?

I still dont see how reseting the LTFT's on the scan tool will reset the PCM so it erases all old info/data.

mr.prick
July 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
The first post in the idle tuning link in my sig has a link explaining RAFIG process.
RAFIG is a calc.pid that you add to {B4307}
IAC - Short term correction + IAC - Long term correction = CALC.RAFIG

waterbug1999
July 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Ok.. ill see how much I dont understand about that and get back to ya. lol

Should I do the idle tuning 1st since its in that thread?

Whats the pros to tuning RAFIG?

Thanks for your help by the way.

waterbug1999
July 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
So question.. went out and I saw my commanded AF was 12.45 (WB02 was about the same) at WOT, how do I up a little to get close to 13.1?

mr.prick
July 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Assuming you are in CL with PE on,
{B3618} is the commanded AFR for PE.
Change that to the AFR you want per RPM.

On a side note the Logworks software download is at the top of
Innovates support page.

waterbug1999
July 25th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Assuming you are in CL with PE on,
{B3618} is the commanded AFR for PE.
Change that to the AFR you want per RPM.

On a side note the Logworks software download is at the top of
Innovates support page.

Just to make sure, what should I check/what should it be? I should be in what the end of the tutorial put me in. You know I am an failure so far at understanding this stuff.. The plan is to buy the learning software that was posted a few weeks back, but the girlfriend (we live together) is going thru cancer so $$ is tight.. this is why I started to try the tuning, is free as i paid for EFILive a few years back.

mr.prick
July 25th, 2009, 12:39 PM
My prayers go out to your GF.
For AFR it depends on the octane you have available and your application, N/A or FI.
12.5 AFR at WOT is not too rich for N/A.

joecar
July 25th, 2009, 05:20 PM
We hope/pray your GF is going to be fine/healed.

waterbug1999
July 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Its cool guys, thanks... She went true surgery and nows its all chemo, shes half done.

DRKPHX and I went for a cruise today... here is the data log. Im just trying to lean it out up top fro max HP.

waterbug1999
July 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM
So, I removed the MAF and did some more ve logging. Question is how much "smoothing" do you do?

Here is the way it is with out.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/waterbug199/smoothing.jpg

And a few clicks for smoothing.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/waterbug199/smoothing1.jpg

waterbug1999
July 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Well, I took it for a spin.. looks a little lean up top, I am assuming its because of me taking off the MAF. Should I added a little more in the main VE table in that area?

joecar
July 27th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Question is how much "smoothing" do you do?

...Jody,

Just a little smoothing, just like you have done...:rockon:

waterbug1999
July 27th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Jody,

Just a little smoothing, just like you have done...:rockon:

ok..

Hey, so if under WOT its a little lean, I just find that area in the Main VE table from highlighting it in the log then up the number? So, lean = + #'s and rich = - #'s?

And do you do the same in the backup VE table as well?

mr.prick
July 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM
ok..

Hey, so if under WOT its a little lean, I just find that area in the Main VE table from highlighting it in the log then up the number? So, lean = + #'s and rich = - #'s?

And do you do the same in the backup VE table as well?

If you are using the LTFT method use the 2 filters on the Main VE then copy the Main VE to the Back up VE.

Chevy366
July 27th, 2009, 08:37 AM
No , no , don't smooth , bumpy VE is fine , leave it as it logs .
Smoothing VE is not necessary and may in fact hurt it .

joecar
July 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM
If you do smooth, take another log and see if the same peaks/valleys reappear.

waterbug1999
July 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
If you are using the LTFT method use the 2 filters on the Main VE then copy the Main VE to the Back up VE.

I have not done anything to the LTFT's... I yanked the MAF out yesterday and re-logged due to more airflow. After I loaded up the new tune I took it for a spin and logged some data.
I noticed I was lean up top (you can see it in my log) and was wondering the best/easiest way to richen it up. Since its a SD tune im going to need to know this.

mr.prick
July 27th, 2009, 10:19 AM
OL or CL, for CL you have the filter(s) for OL just use the filter from the AutoVE tutorial.

waterbug1999
July 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM
OL or CL, for CL you have the filter(s) for OL just use the filter from the AutoVE tutorial.

i mean under WOT.