PDA

View Full Version : Trying to set up Zeitronix WB

NoJuice
July 28th, 2009, 04:23 AM
So I need to set up a PID for this WB correct?
The Zeitronix has a linear 0-5V output with AFR=Vx2+9.6. I know the interface has AD1 & AD2 inputs but what I have seen is you need both signal and ground from the WB inorder to wire it in. I believe the Zeitronix output is just a single wire, signal only no ground.

Anyone use this before? Or any tips on getting it to work with EFILive.

joecar
July 28th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Hi NoJuice,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

I am not familiar with the Zeitronix, but I would imagine that it's analog AFR output signal is referenced to ground... you will need to have a ground wire going to the AD ground input pin on FlashScan.

Do you have FlashScan V1...?

Does the Zeitronix have a serial AFR output...?

Is there a pdf user manual we can look at (I have not visited their website yet).

NoJuice
July 28th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks!

This is all they have on their site:
http://www.zeitronix.com/installation/ZT2instructions.pdf

I have V2 on its way, and the Zeitronix does have a serial output also, but it ouputs not only AFR. It ouputs other things such as Boost, Lambda, RPM, EGT, to name a few.

mr.prick
July 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I just answered this somewhere else.

The Linear Wideband Output transfer function is AFR=2xV+9.6
({EXT.ADx}*2)+9.6

joecar
July 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Paul said he might be able to support the Zeitronix wideband if the full serial data spec could be obtained from the manufacturer... can you do this...?

Paul will want to know how to extract the following from the serial data stream:
- AFR
- Lambda
- ready status
- maybe some other things;

He may also want to know how to command it to reset/calibrate itself.

NoJuice
July 28th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Joe, I sent them an email asking for this information, so we'll see what they say. I was thinking since I had to provide a ground for the Zeitronix AFR meter/black box, can I use that same ground for the AD ground input? That way I can use the transfer function or equation that Mr.Prick suggested.

mr.prick
July 29th, 2009, 05:18 AM
WHITE and BROWN wires are provided to connect the Zt-2 Wideband Controller to your favorite engine management system.
White wire = Analog+
Brown wire = Analog-

Serial connection would be nice.

NoJuice
July 29th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Where did you find that about the white and brown wires? I can't find that on their site. Regardless I think the white wire is non-linear, but the purple wire is linear.

NoJuice
July 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Well, I heard back from Zeitronix and the are asking for my EFI contact and they will send them the serial protocol. Is this Paul or you Joe?

Here is what they said
"Yes, we always encourage to use the serial output since it gives the logging system actual number not voltage, which is affected by ground offsets and D/A and A/D conversion errors.
Please give us your EFI contact and we will provide them with the Zt-2 serial protocol."
Thanks
Zbigniew
Vp Eng Zeitronix

joecar
July 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Can you ask them about the analog ground wire also.

joecar
July 29th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Well, I heard back from Zeitronix and the are asking for my EFI contact and they will send them the serial protocol. Is this Paul or you Joe?

Here is what they said
"Yes, we always encourage to use the serial output since it gives the logging system actual number not voltage, which is affected by ground offsets and D/A and A/D conversion errors.
Please give us your EFI contact and we will provide them with the Zt-2 serial protocol."
Thanks
Zbigniew
Vp Eng Zeitronix
Contact Paul via paul@efilive.com

NoJuice
July 29th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Can you ask them about the analog ground wire also.

Yes they confirmed that one of the brown wires can be used as ground input to the EFI. The other brown is ground for the boost sensor.

mr.prick
July 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM
You want the brown wire from pin #8
From the diagram on page #1

8 BROWN Sensor Ground (EMS ground reference)
EMS = Engine Management System (Flashscan)
Do you have this running yet?

NoJuice
July 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Do you have this running yet?

No not yet, still waiting for it to ship. Sounds like Zeitronix is going to send Paul at EFILive the necessary info to get the serial input to work, but if not I still have the analog output wires to try.

mr.prick
July 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM
A new update is supposed to out soon. :secret:

NoJuice
July 30th, 2009, 01:37 AM
A new update is supposed to out soon. :secret:

Can you PM me some details?

mr.prick
July 30th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Paul said this yesterday. (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=100120&postcount=5)