PDA

View Full Version : What happens when I set a value higher than the tables know?

LBZoom
July 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM
Hey guys,
Quick question, I know for example that the timing, pulse, and boost tables on the LBZ are pre-calibrated for up to 120-125mm3 of fuel, so my question is this...What happens if in torque based fuel I specify an amount higher than that, say140mm3 of fuel? Or set B1115 pedal position to desired torque to a value higher than 812 which is all torque based fuel is pre-calibrated to deliver? Will pulse, fuel pressure, timing, and boost all compensate and operate off the chart? If that were the case I wouldn't be able to adjust any of those parameters beyond 120mm3 of fuel right? So like I said what exactly does happen in this event? I haven't logged it to see because I still have a stock tranny and such....Thanks guys! :cheers:

DmaxHawk
July 31st, 2009, 03:17 AM
If you adjust higher than 120 mm3 or 812ft/lb, the truck will respond. Ive got my 1115 set to the max of 1476 and it feels like it gives more power than 812. I haven't logged yet so I'm not 100% sure. IIRC if you specify say 140mm3, it will give it to you. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong

bballer182
July 31st, 2009, 11:41 AM
The most fuel you can ever command is 125mm3. period. you can command 300 and still only get 125. As for torque.... there is a little bit of fudge factor there. Torque PIDs and references are still a little confusing, even to Ross, at this point. It may be possible to command more trq but it wont get you any more fuel.

DmaxHawk
July 31st, 2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for clearing that up :)

LBZoom
August 1st, 2009, 12:32 AM
Okay cool, that eliminates a lot of confusion for me then.

So essentially if you want more fuel than that it comes down to opening pulse width, and having adequate fuel pressure to go with it?

Thanks for the help guys, is this the same on the LLY and LB7, or just LBZ and LMM?

bballer182
August 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Okay cool, that eliminates a lot of confusion for me then.

So essentially if you want more fuel than that it comes down to opening pulse width, and having adequate fuel pressure to go with it?

Thanks for the help guys, is this the same on the LLY and LB7, or just LBZ and LMM?

same for all...

your welcome

justin