PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Trimming at WOT

Kurtomac
August 1st, 2009, 02:59 AM
is it true if Ltrims are positive it will continue to dump in fuel at WOT? but if they are negative they will zero out at WOT and it will just fuel accordingly to open loop PE fueling

Im going to be messing with my brothers car...and dont have a lot of time as we live 1500 miles apart and will only have the car for one day...Im doing a cam in his car...im gonna try and get the Ltrims somewhat close....but i remember when my z06 was stock it would dump in a ton of fuel and if i reset the trims it wouldnt dump fuel at wot

mr.prick
August 1st, 2009, 03:41 AM
You want zero LTFTs when PE is active.
As long as the average of both banks are not over 0% before PE comes on
LTFTs will be 0% during PE.

redhardsupra
August 1st, 2009, 05:24 AM
Why not just see for yourself what happens to fueling at WOT with a wideband?

Kurtomac
August 1st, 2009, 06:20 AM
i would...but its my brothers car...he doesnt have a wideband...and he lives 1500 miles away...I'll be doing a cam...messing with the tune for 1 day and thats all the time i have...just looking to get it close...if we can get it on the dyno that day that would be great...the cam isnt anything big

mr.prick
August 1st, 2009, 06:50 AM
You are definitely going to need a WBO2 to have any hope of getting AFR correct,
you can tune LTFTs but once PE kicks in you will be in the dark.

Kurtomac
August 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
that was kind of my game plan for him....tune the fuel trims and get them average negative as you said so when i get on the dyno i can get his afr in line...this way i dont waste my time and dial the wot in on the dyno only to have fuel trims dump in fuel at wot when he gets home

mr.prick
August 1st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

ringram
August 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Just disable ltft's they suck anyway. stft's will keep it real :)

Kurtomac
August 2nd, 2009, 02:12 AM
thats how i run mine....are strims like ltrims? if Strims are positive will they zero at WOT unlike Ltrims?
If thats the case I'll disable Ltrims and get the WOT good on the dyno and get the strim average close on the street