PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with ?'s

jmac
August 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi all.Just got my efilive,I have been messing around a little bit,and have a few questions.I have made a script that actually worked,and downloaded some tunes,from dieselplace,and duramax tuner.I'm sure I'll have more dumb questions,so please bare with me.

If I use a tune that has the same OS. as my stock truck,can I just flash it in?Do I need the full flash,or just the calibration?

When using a tune with a different OS.,is that when I should do the script thing?And again does that require a full flash,or just the calibration?

What is up with all the different operating systems?are some better than others?or does it make any difference?

I'm really amazed at all the stuff this thing can do.I hope I can figure it all out.So far so good.truck is still running.
Is there anybody else in the central IL.area?I'm hoping to learn a little about tuning the gas engines too.I have a few old cars,screaming for a ls1(maybe a dmax).

Thanks in advance.

Brian1
August 2nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah if tune is same OS version then just make VIN is yours and do a normal flash. If of a different version then a full flash and again confirm VIN.

O there are some differences in them. Some can only be setup as DSP2 or DSP5. Since LB7 stay with LB7 tunes. Some earlier 01 version LB7 tunes will not take. I thought I read those with an 01 and program a newer OS from an 03 can never reload orginal 01 tune.

Not know of anyone in central il. closet of course is Nick which you seem to be accessing his library. He is up in crystal lake,ill. Met him a few weeks ago. Very nice guy.

Brian