PDA

View Full Version : Advice for getting started on 94 Z28

Camaro
August 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Just to get straight to the point.

I have a 94 Z28 w-auto trans, absolutely stock. It runs pretty good its in good shape and needs a little tuneup. I'm guessing another optispark replacement. I have purchased a USB interface that works with the EFIlive v4 demo.

All I want to accomplish now it to be able to monitor the sensors and keep the motor in tune and also change some of the ECM basic parameters such as for instance max speed cutoff.

Eventually since the motor has over 160k miles is to pull the motor and replace with a mild modified LT1 383 motor. Of course then modifications may be more extensive.

I understand the 94 Camaro Z28 had a unique flash EPROM?
Can the EPROM be tuned without removing the ECM?
What specifically is needed?

N0DIH
August 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
You'll need something like TunerCat or TunerPro. TunerCat has a built in reflash program. You can buy it at TunerCat.com. Or you can use WinFlash and Tune it with TunerPro (http://tunerpro.net).

EFILive V4 only datalogs from what I have gathered, TunerCat is the best at tuning.

Hope that helps.

The 94-95 LT1's can be tuned by:

LT1Edit
TunerCat
TunerPro/TunerProRT

LT1Edit and TunerCat have flash tools with the program, TunerPro doesn't last time I checked, but I could be wrong.

Just to get straight to the point.

I have a 94 Z28 w-auto trans, absolutely stock. It runs pretty good its in good shape and needs a little tuneup. I'm guessing another optispark replacement. I have purchased a USB interface that works with the EFIlive v4 demo.

All I want to accomplish now it to be able to monitor the sensors and keep the motor in tune and also change some of the ECM basic parameters such as for instance max speed cutoff.

Eventually since the motor has over 160k miles is to pull the motor and replace with a mild modified LT1 383 motor. Of course then modifications may be more extensive.

I understand the 94 Camaro Z28 had a unique flash EPROM?
Can the EPROM be tuned without removing the ECM?
What specifically is needed?