PDA

View Full Version : Changed my sae_generic.txt for LTFT logging now what

exploder
August 4th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I just changed the .txt file to add a coupld of calculted pids, but now they do not show up in the scanner. What did I do wrong? I also noticed when I searched for the .txt file that I had 3 versions of it saved on the cpu. I went in and changed one to be exactly like the other by copying and pasting over and then resaving both. The third copy of it would not let me save it for some reason.

SSpdDmon
August 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Why are you changing that file? For calc'd PIDs, aren't you supposed to add them to the calc_pids.txt file in the User Configuration folder??

The only time I ever changed the sae_generic.txt file was to alter a pre-existing PID for my WB since I customized it's output. Technically though, it should have been done in the calc_pids.txt file. Altering the sae_generic.txt file is not advised and needs a high level of caution if you do decide to change anything in it.

joecar
August 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I can't compare your file with the original one right now (I'm on vacation, my compare tool is on my PC at home)...

+1 on not editing sae_generic.txt (it will be overwritten when software updates); editing calc_pids.txt is the preferred way.

exploder
August 4th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I didn't know I wasn't supposed to change it because I added this PID from this thread this way and I just thought that was the right way to do it. I am not at my home computer, I will see if I can find this other txt file and edit it instead.

exploder
August 5th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Ok I went in and changed the txt file in my doc.-efiv7-userconfig-calf.pid, but I still don't see it available any new pids available in the scanner. What am I doing wrong. These three PID txt files show up and I changed the new and old

Ira
August 5th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I can't compare your file with the original one right now (I'm on vacation, my compare tool is on my PC at home)...

+1 on not editing sae_generic.txt (it will be overwritten when software updates); editing calc_pids.txt is the preferred way.

Most any DOS or Windows computer has the command line utility "comp" which is probably good enough for that.

Ira

mr.prick
August 5th, 2009, 05:44 AM
The calc_pids_new.txt is all scattered.

Start from the top and change:
*CLC-00-008
psi 0.0 15.0 0.2 "(({SAE.MAP.kPa})-102)/102*14.7"
to
*CLC-00-001
psi 0.0 15.0 0.2 "(({SAE.MAP.kPa})-102)/102*14.7"

then change the bottom portion to:
CALC.BOOSTNVAC F001 CLC-00-001 psi Air "Boost and Vacuum"

continue until all PIDs and they're PRN and slot numbers match
and are in consecutive order,
the next PID inline will be *CLC-00-002 and F002 :blahblah:
This be helpful for future editing and reference.

After everything is inline and matching,
save as calc_pids.txt and swap it with the old one.
"There can only be one" in the C:\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration and it must be named calc_pids
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Sh4YLdc8CwSPCM:http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/359.gif

exploder
August 5th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Ok I found what you were talking about to change first, but do the slots on the bottom that you were referring to actually have to physically match the same positions as the top or do the slot numbers just have to correspond. If it can be done is it possible I could just copy your calc.pid txt file to make this alot easier and just edit out stuff I don't need?

mr.prick
August 5th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I can give you mine but it is not the same as the one you have.
I edited yours really quick, see if it works.
One PID was left out because the bottom half was missing.

exploder
August 5th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I tried it and it all showed up, but I had to resave it as cal pids instead of calc pids new and then it all worked. Now to log this correctly what maps do I select to use the new pids you have in your sig?

mr.prick
August 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM
You will have to make your own maps of the tables you want to change
and match the properties to the PIDs you will use.
this is the easiest way to make sure everything works right.

exploder
August 5th, 2009, 08:33 AM
so in essence can I use the LTFT bank 1 map? If I do use it is there any way to modify it so that it averages the LTFT's from bank 1 and 2 or do I need to only use one side? I'm sorry for all of the questions I'm just new. Is there any way you can tell me what you put under edit map properties-parameters- and rows and colums so I don't screw this up to?

mr.prick
August 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
In the "new calc_pids.txt" that I posted there is the LTFTBEN multiplier
that uses both banks for an average.
If you want a plain average LTFT PID from both banks look in my sig,
make sure you format the PRN and slot right. :)

You can open a map that you already have that represents the table you wish to change,
then change the properties, PIDs ect. then save it with a different name.

exploder
August 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
PRN slot? Is that like a rotory girder or a chingale valve? So I need to use the LTFT map or the VE ben map? You said open a map that represents what I want to change, I'm not exactly sure what it is I need to change?