PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder Balance Test

DrX
October 10th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Hi:

I'm new here and have spent many hours reading and familiarizing myself with EFILive over the past 2 weeks. I am having some trouble with the cylinder balance test. Firstly, none of the controls seem to have any effect on idle speed. Secondly, the test is frequently interrupted by momentary ECT drops into -ve values.

I have done many extended logs and ECT has always been steady except for 1 instance where the temp dropped momentarily to -36*C while maintaining a constant speed. This was accompanied by 8* of KR(momentary) in the log. Not sure what that was about. The only time I see any KR is at part throttle conditions. It is infrequent and usually under 2*.

Should the cylinder balance test function properly with my vehicle? Or is there a problem with the vehicle itself?

Any help is much appreciated.

I am using Version 7.3

Blacky
October 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM
After you have performed (or attempted to perform) a cylinder balance test, can you generate a user error report please? And send it to me at paul@efilive.com

To generate a user error report, close the CBT window, and then select the menu option File->Generate error report. Save the error report and attach the file to an email.

Thanks
Paul

DrX
October 11th, 2005, 03:17 PM
After you have performed (or attempted to perform) a cylinder balance test, can you generate a user error report please? And send it to me at paul@efilive.com

To generate a user error report, close the CBT window, and then select the menu option File->Generate error report. Save the error report and attach the file to an email.

Thanks
Paul

email sent