PDA

View Full Version : 8.1 with allison in RV

minytrker
August 5th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I have a 40ft workhorse RV with a 8.1 and allison in it. I read the tune with EFI Live and realized I could tune it. The draw back, its a 20k pound RV and drinks gas and is a pain to get out just to tune. Has anyone tuned these and got any results. All I want is more mpg, but I think the RV is under powered thats why it drinks so much fuel.

tokymon
August 6th, 2009, 05:45 AM
there is a good posibilty that you can get some better fuel milage
but don't forget you pushing a brick down the road:doh2:
look at pe and maybe auto ve just to get you're trims in line

SS2win
August 6th, 2009, 06:16 AM
What year is it? Can you post your tune? I'm starting on an 03 8.1 avalanche and would like something to compare. The ave is getting a stellar 9mpg now...

tokymon
August 6th, 2009, 10:58 AM
check out the section on "tunning for economy" theres lots of little things you can change for a little better economy:gossip:
dont expect to be a econo box though:cucumber:

SS2win
August 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM
30mpg pulling 9500lbs or BUST! :shock::grin:

minytrker
August 6th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Well I have tuned several hundred ls motors, just dont know about the rv being so heavy. Thats why I asked if anyone done one before and saw gains.

SS2win
August 6th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I'm interested to see your tune because mine has a 120sec PE delay and lots of traction control. I've never done an auto trans or DBW for that matter. would like to see the differences, if any, with a tune for a camper like yours...