PDA

View Full Version : Flashscan is acting STOOOPID!!!

c. bagley
August 6th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I have been out of the tuning game for quite sometime, but I am having trouble with my flashscan it does have the latest and greatest updates to it so that isnt an issue. A couple weeks ago I put a DSP5 tune on the truck and had no problems, been running it fine with no problems. The other day the CEL came on so I grab the flashscan plug it into the truck and read the code a P0133 nothing major. For some reason I cant erase the code, I cant go back, the cancel button doesnt work. I cant select PIDS, not sure what is going on with the Flashscan, but the 4th light from the left is flashing and doesnt quit flashing.

Any ideas as to what the problem is??

mr.prick
August 6th, 2009, 02:54 AM
POST (Power On Self Test) Errors (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6746)

c. bagley
August 6th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks Mr. Prick I will go home and hook up the flashscan to the laptop and see if I can get it figured out. I may have to reload the bootblock back into the flashscan.

Ira
August 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
If you can't fix it, you'll probably need to sent it to me as if it's fixable, I can do it.

Ira

c. bagley
August 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
It appears that the boot block and firmware were the most recent as I suspected but it is still not acting right. I even removed the bootblock and firmware and updated it again using EFI Explorer, still not getting anythingfor it to act right. Ira can you PM me some contact information so I can discuss this with you tomorrow (7Aug09)???

Blacky
August 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM
For some reason I cant erase the code, I cant go back, the cancel button doesnt work. I cant select PIDS, not sure what is going on with the Flashscan, but the 4th light from the left is flashing and doesnt quit flashing.

Any ideas as to what the problem is??

The fourth LED from the left is orange and will flash whenever an OBDII message is detected from the vehicle. If that LED flashes while connected to a PC only then there is something wrong.

Or maybe the keypad has quit working. Do any keys work on the FlashScan keypad?

Regards
Paul

c. bagley
August 7th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Some of the keys on the flashscan work but not all of them. F1-F4 work Cancel does not work, Ok does not work and a couple other keys do not work from what I remember. Once I started having trouble with it I decided not to go into too much detail for fear of messing it up even more.

joecar
August 7th, 2009, 03:38 AM
CB, are you in the US...? If so, contact Ira (http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=416) for repairs.